Chapter 16: The Best Date Ever; Part 1

The past few weeks since the second task had actually been surprisingly sort of calm for Lily and Hugo, (well, as calm as you could get for being your schools team of Triwizard champs). Really, other than Lily and Hugo's one to one about Daisy, (in which Hugo was still debating on), nothing exiting really had happened. All the 7th years continued studying for N.E.W.T's, and Hugo and Lily went on with trying to prepare for the next and final task. For now, since they already figured out that they had collected a memory vile, really all they had done was re-go-over more defensive spells, charms, and hexes. Currently, that's really all they needed to do. Yes, they would dive more into it later, but, since the next task wasn't for months, it wasn't like they were in a hurry. But, knowing Hugo, they just couldn't do nothing.

But, anyways, lately, Lily had just felt so bored. She knew she shouldn't be thinking that, and definitely didn't say it out loud. She knew about over 100 kids who wanted to be in her and Hugo's shoes right now. Well, she didn't have a clue why, considering how challenging and also mentally and physically draining this all was. Well, yes, she willingly singed up for all of this, but, at first, she really didn't expect for any of this to all actually happen. Fast forward to now though, Lily was sitting in her usual spot near the fireplace in the common room, surrounded by her friends, who all had their noses in textbooks, finished with her homework for the day. That was one pro to all of this. Because of the tournament, her and Hugo not only didn't have to take their N.E.W.T's, but, they also had a light homework load.

Lily closed her textbook, rolled up her parchment, capped her quills, and shoved all of these things back into her school bag. Lily stood up from her comfortable spot on the floor, and proceeded to head towards the girls' dorms to put her school stuff away. But, just as she was about to step onto the staircase, she felt something hit her back. She quickly turned around to find the culprit, but, nothing. Everyone was still in their positions that they were in when she got up. But, when she turned back around, something caught her eye. Lily's brown eyes looked down toward her left sneaker, which there was a small, crumpled up, piece of parchment, on the carpeted floor. Lily immediately picked the litter up off the floor. But, it made her curious. Before going to her dorm, Lily took the crumpled piece of parchment, unfolded it, and read it. Her eyes widened when she automatically recognized the handwriting. Lorcan's.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower on Friday night. 8:00. Love you.

-Lorcan

After reading this, Lily spun around again to find one of Lorcan's multi-colored eyes give her a simple wink. Lily's moth curved into a smile, a big smile, just directed towards him. He smiled right back at her. Lily thought she going to melt right there on the staircase. But, before that could happen, Lily turned back around, and headed to her dorm.

Once there, Lily threw her school bag on the floor by her bed, and then flopped onto her four-poster. Lily took out the piece of parchment, and read it five more times. This was a date. This was totally a date. Exactly what Lily needed right now. Really, lately, Lily and Lorcan hadn't really gone on legit dates. With his studying, and her Triwizard preparation, there just didn't seem to have any time to. Well, there was the monthly Hogsmeade trip, but, a), half the time, Lily and Hugo didn't even join their friends when they did go, well, you know why, and b), if they did go, all of their friends were always with them, and they only lasted about 2 hours.

But, this was a legit date. Lily could remember Rose and Scorpius going on Astronomy Tower dates. Lily would assist on getting Rose ready, and, when Rose got back, her cheeks seemed to be permanently blushing. All these thoughts made Lily super excited. She couldn't remember the last time she got excited about going on a date. Maybe, her first date, back in third year, when some bloke in their year asked to Hogsmeade once. But, the only reason why she got that excited was because it was her first date in her life. It really wasn't nothing special. Just him buying her one Butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks, which she normally did with her friends before that anyway. And then, there was her dates with Nick. Again, all Hogsmeade dates. But, the difference there was he would ditch her halfway through to go hang out with his friends. So, really, Lily hadn't ever been asked to go on a date like this one before.