Chapter 19: Hugo's Night Out

All week, Hugo couldn't stop thinking about how Willow had asked to meet her on the grounds on Saturday night. Hugo tried to hide the fact that he was excited, but his friends definitely noticed his more positive mood change. Lily just had an evil smirk on her face every time someone asked what the cause of Hugo's cheerful mood was. Lily was the only person that Hugo told about the invite from Willow. For all their friends knew, Hugo just had to do some extra rounds. Under no circumstance, did Hugo want his friends finding out about this. Lily was exception, because she was trustworthy family. But, anyways, what he was doing wasn't exactly a good boyfriend thing to do to Daisy. He admitted it to himself, this was wrong. But, on the flip side, this wasn't a date. Yes, it was with a girl, but, it was more of a... friendly meeting.

On Saturday night, somehow, Lily managed to sneak Hugo out the Common Room, in regular clothes and not in school robes, without anyone, most importantly, Daisy, knowing or noticing. Lily wasn't exactly thrilled to help with Hugo going to see another girl while he was still with Daisy. Lily had been in that situation before. She knew how much it hurt to see your boyfriend with another girl. (Especially when he's snogging the brains out of the other girl, but this Hugo's relationship we're talking about.) But, on the other hand, Lily knew that Hugo and Daisy's relationship was on its last leg, and Hugo was bound to break up with her any day now. Maybe with this evening, it would persuade Hugo to actually do it. And, Lily knew that this wouldn't be a date. Lily herself had read over the note, and caught glances at the girl multiple times this week, to reassure everything. And, from the way she sounded in her letter, this would just be a simple walk-and-talk around the grounds. No snogging to worry about.

(A/N: Okay, just so we're clear here, IT IS NOT OKAY TO CHEAT ON YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER!!!!! I know that's what it sounds like, and this is just a fictional story. Please, whatever you do in real life, do not do that please! It hurts really bad! This is just a story, and definitely not real life. Just know that! Okay, if I don't stop now, I'm going to ramble on and on, so back to the story!)

With that, Hugo exited the Common Room, and made his way towards the spot were Willow said she'd meet him. Hugo could feel his ears turning a shade of red and warming up again. His insides were doing backflips. His emotions were every color of the rainbow. Was he doing the right thing? Was he being fair to Daisy? As rocky as they had been lately, he would feel terrible if Daisy knew about this. But then, a thought popped into his head.

Okay Hugo. You've got this. This isn't a date. This is just a walk with a friend. That happens to be female. NO! Don't think like that! It will only be for a few hours, and just making small conversation. That's it! Nothing more! Piece of cake! Hugo thought to himself, trying to be reassuring. But, his stomach somehow still managed to do gymnastics in his rib cage.

Hugo walked all through the castle and outside with the same thoughts raging through his head. But, somehow, those thoughts drained his head when he looked towards the edge of the forrest, and saw her. Tonight, she was also out of her Illvermorny school robes. Her kinky, dark brown, pretty much black in this lighting,  hair was down, and she had her wand tucked behind her ear. She had on a pair of black leggings, a black cropped tank top, a pair of combat boots, and an army green camouflage jacket over top.

Then, as Hugo walked closer, he noticed a few more things, that he didn't notice before. Currently, she was wearing many rings, pretty much one on every finger, layered many bracelets on her left arm, multiple ear piercings, and a tiny, little post nose ring. But, that wasn't all, as she turned around, Hugo caught her amber eyes, which tonight were just brushed with a little mascara and eyeliner.

"Oh, hey. I'm glad you could meet me here." Willow greeted, as she turned around to see Hugo walking towards her.

"Hey." Hugo responded. Hey. That's seriously the best you could think of!