Chapter 20: The Thrid Task; Part 1

April faded into May with the blink of an eye. Throughout the month, Hugo couldn't stop thinking about his night out with Willow. Unfortunately though, the two didn't get a chance to meet up again because of the intense training Hugo and Lily had to do to prepare for this last task. But, the two did sneak notes and letters to each other at least once every other day, and would wave and say hello to each other while passing. Willow completely understood, and she didn't mind one bit. She knew it was important for Hugo to focus.

    In that month, will every single minute of their free time, Lily and Hugo were practicing. With time passing, and with the conclusion of the tournament bearing closer, it seamed as the whole school and the other schools got more wild by the day. Everyone was gossiping and placing bets on who they thought had it. Still and currently, Hugo and Lily were tied with Beauxbatons for first, Illvermorny was runner up, and Durmstrang was in last. And, along with the energy from all of the students, the press also had an influence also. Hugo and Lily had to attend more meetings and interviews, the interviews wanting to know every possible feeling that the champions had towards this last and final task.

    But, today was the day that all the tension and excitement would be proven. Today was May 1st. The day of the final task. The day that the four magical schools would determine the team of champions of the Triwizard Tournament.

    That morning, Lily woke up with a pint in her stomach. Which was odd, because, well sure, she woke up nervous the mornings before the the last two tasks, but this time, it was a whole different level. Today was the day that her and Hugo could maybe win the whole tournament. Their was a giant weight weighing on both their shoulders. They didn't want to let their school down. I mean, they already had a head start, all they had to do is the same with this one, right?

    But, there was a thought diffing at the back of Lily's mind. The last Triwizard Tournament had gone pretty okay all the way through, but, it was the end of the last task that took a major turning point. Like every knows, when Cedric and Harry went to get the cup, it was a protkey that traveled to a graveyard, where Voldemort regained and returned to his strength, and Cedric was murdered. Even though Lily knew Voldemort was lone gone, the thought of being murdered still lingered at the back of her mind.

    Lily reluctantly got out of bed, took a shower, and put on her uniform. As before, her Triwizard uniform was the same, a black, red, and gold uniform, with her Triwizard number (7), and last name on the back. Lastly, Lily took her wand off her bedside table, and headed out to the Common Room to meet up with Hugo.

    As soon as she left her dorm, and walked into a room with other Gryffindors, everyone erupted with cheers and applauses. This slightly lightened Lily's nerves, but not much. Her full nerves returned when she walked over and met up with her teammate. Hugo was as white as a ghost, and his expression looked like he had just seen a murder. You know, if Lily was nervous, then Hugo would be extremely nervous. Despite of everyone of the kids in their house believed in them, at the moment, they really didn't believe in theirselves.

    "Come on, lets go." Lily said, and Hugo nodded. With that, the two proceeded out of the Common Room, and down to the Great Hall for breakfast, (even though they probably weren't going to eat anyway). Saying that the chatter in the Great Hall made them even more nervous was an understatement. Even though everyone from Hogwarts was cheering, clapping, and supporting them, Hugo and Lily both felt like they were going to shrivel up and disintegrate into nothing. On the brighter side, when Lily and Hugo looked around, all the other champions were sporting the exact same facial expression as them. Oskar, Isak, Juliette, Camille, Ben, and Elizabeth were feeling the exact same way as Lily and Hugo.

    Even though the schools were excited, the champions were not. They all had that weighing thought in the back of their heads based of the event that happened in the last task in the last Triwizard Tournament.