Chapter 18: Library Discoveries

Weeks had passed, and every time Lily looked at Lorcan, a rosie blush would erupt on her cheeks. That date was really the best date Lily had ever been on. Not only did she describe every detail to Caroline, but, she had the gut to write to her mum about it too. Normally, Lily wouldn't write to her mum about something like this, but this was a special circumstance. You can imagine how excited Ginny and Hermione were when they read it. (Of course, Ginny had to show Hermione it). But, anyways, Hugo had to snap her out of it, because they had some preparations to do for the next task.

As March faded into April, Lily and Hugo had to attend more meetings and go to more Daily Prophet interviews. As the final task drew nearer, everyone thought they needed to know what the Champion's thoughts were on who was going to win. It got to the point where Lily and Hugo were asked that question so much, ACCIDENTALLY, Lily casted a Bat Boogey hex on one of her ex-boyfriends stupid friends. But, before they could even think about winning, they needed to get a little farther on trying to somewhat crack the final task, just so they could get a clue on the last thing they were getting into.

One night, in the first week of April, exactly one month before the last task, Lily walked into the library to meet Hugo so they could get a little farther into all of this. They had agreed to meet in the library instead of the Common Room, so they wouldn't get blasted with more questions. When she walked in, she immediately spotted Hugo by his same and familiar hair color. His stuff was at their usual table, but he was at another table, looking like he was helping some girl. This perplexed Lily. First of all, she knew that sometimes Hugo had to tutor students because he was a Prefect. But, this year, Hugo had put that to a limit, so he would have more time for Triwizard stuff. But, what made Lily super perplexed, was that girl wasn't even a Hogwarts student. She was wearing Illvermorny robes.

"Oh, hey." Hugo said as he looked up, and saw his cousin. He dismissed himself from the girl, and walked over and sat down at his and Lily's table.

"Don't oh hey me! I saw what you were doing over there!" Lily whispered yelled because they were in the library, and gave Hugo a playful punch to the arm.

"No. It's not what you think. It's not like that." Hugo responded quickly, trying to brush it under the rug, but, that failed because, like his father, Hugo's ears turned bright red.

"Mhmmmmm." Lily smirked. This was a bit for her to take in. But, what she kept getting caught on was she spotted Hugo talking to a girl, when he STILL hadn't broken up with Daisy. Her and Hugo had their one on one a while ago now, and she thought Hugo would it by now. This made her feel sort of angry at her cousin for some reason. She 100% knew what it was like to be played and cheated on. As much as she disliked Daisy, there was no way in the name of Merlin that she would let Hugo cheat on her. No one deserved that.

"No. Seriously. It wasn't like that! I saw what she was reading, and struck up a simple conversation. That's all. Nothing more. You know, part of this tournament is to make friends with foreign students." Hugo said, flustered, trying to deny his cousins smirk. That just made Lily smirk more. Of course Hugo would be interested in a girl because of what she was reading.

Truth was, this girl that Hugo was talking to, was the same girl that caught his eye at the Yule Ball. As the two got talking, Hugo discovered her name is Willow, and she was an Illvermorny student. She was very different from Daisy. Just from their few minute conversation, Hugo discovered that she was extremely smart and liked to read, and her face was really pretty. It didn't have a single touch of makeup on it. She had light, very clear skin, and curly, long, dark brown, almost black, hair, and lastly, these cool, deep, honey amber shaded eyes. But anyways, Hugo tried his best to drive that out of his head. He needed to focus. First of all, he had a girlfriend. And secondly, he needed to focus on what him and Lily came here to do.