Chapter 13: The Second Task; Part 1

January went by. Hugo and Lily spent the majority of the month preparing for the second task. Like before, they spent all of their free time reading and note taking, but, to change and spice things up a bit, they did something different this time. They got some strange looks when they did this, but, one evening, they both jumped into the enchanted lake just for some practice. Like Hugo suspected, this next task would most likely be an underwater challenge. Between the two Wotter cousins, they saw the other teams with books focusing on underwater charms and things like that. Also, Hugo's theory was basically confirmed since they both received swim uniforms, and, when they were called for the pretty much monthly meeting with the Triwizard organizers, they announced that this next task would take place down by the enchanted lake.

But, surprisingly, Lily was eager for this task, instead of nervous. This past month, she thought that her and Hugo had prepared pretty well. Hopefully, they could keep up their winning streak. But, what made Lily eager about this task was to just get it over with. Since this new relationship she started with Lorcan, she wanted to spend her time with him. But, between her Triwizard preparations, and his N.E.W.T studying, time together was limited. But, as soon as she got this task over, and also since the next and last task wouldn't be for another few months, a little more free time would open up.

On the morning of February 1st, Lily woke up, only a little jittery feeling in her stomach, which was normal if you were about to do another challenging Triwizard task. She immediately stepped out of bed, showered quickly, and took out the swimsuit and uniform she had to wear today out of her trunk. After casting a drying charm on herself, Lily put on the two-piece black, red, and gold swimsuit. But, this swimsuit was different than the one that Fleur had to wear when she was a Triwizard champion. Lily walked over to the mirror to observe herself. Her freckly six-packed stomach was showing. For a girl, Lily had a pretty toned stomach. Lily was very strong and athletic, and from all the Quidditch the girl played, resulted in her having a better set of abs than most of the boys in her year did. Before Lily covered up, she gave a glance to the lily tattooed on her back. It was clearly visible today, and it still surprisingly looked very fresh and new.

Anyways, once she had the swimsuit on, Lily put on the matching track suit set over top. She couldn't walk down to the Great Hall in a bikini obviously. Once dressed, Lily grabbed her wand and the replica sword of Gryffindor. Like before, Lily remembered that the replica relic they collected during the last task would be factored into this task somehow. Lily took one last glance at herself, before leaving for the common room to wait for her friends.

When she got out there, Hugo was already standing waiting for her, in the male version of the track suit.

"You know, I still can't get used to you casually walking around with a sword." Hugo chuckled, trying to hide his nerves. Lily laughed with him, but she could sense that he was nervous about today.

"I like it. Wish I could keep it. Maybe if we win, which we will, I'll by myself one with our earnings." Lily said, to try and lighten Hugo's nerves. Lily had known her whole life that Hugo had issues with nerves. He would be fine right up until it happened. He had definitely inherited that trait from his father.

As Lily was trying to lighten Hugo's mood, she felt a set of arms curl around her waist. As soon as she realized what was happening, she let out a smile, and turned around to meet those deep, every color you could imagine, hazel eyes. Before she could even say anything, his lips quickly nipped hers, and receded quickly.

"What was that for?" Lily asked her boyfriend playfully.

"Good luck. You guys will need it." Lorcan responded, not taking his eyes off of Lily.

"Jeez, what do I get? Pucker up Scamander." Hugo responded, but couldn't contain his laughter. Both Lily and Lorcan laughed along with him. Lily was glad that his mind was taken off his nerves, even if it was simply laughing about this.