Chapter 22: What Happened?

All Lily could remember was as soon as her and Hugo were finally out of that horrifying memory, was blacking out. Her whole body erupted in pain, and then, she lost it all. She thought she had heard Hugo's voice, but she wasn't all there to decipher what he was actually saying. She had absolutely no clue on anything else that happened that day.

    Ever since that moment where she passed out, she had been completely out of reality. But, randomly, out of the blue, Lily slowly started to snap back to reality. The first sign of her noticing that she was coming back, was that, she started to hear voices.

    "You are very lucky Mr. and Mrs. Potter. If she was just one centimeter closer in the direct path of the curse......Well, let us just say, good thing she wasn't." Lily heard a deep voice say.

    "WHEN WILL SHE BE AWAKE!!!!" Lily heard what she thought was Hugo's voice.

    "Like we said before, we've never had a case like this before, you must be patient Mr. Weasley." The same deep voice of a healer said.

    Then, Lily heard more sounds and voices. But, the sound that fully snapped Lily back to reality was the sound of crying, and an Oh Gin, she'll wake up, in a shaky tone of her father's voice, that really didn't sound so reassuring. That comment made Lily perk up. She knew that her family had gone through enough deaths, and she wasn't going to be the next.

    Slowly, Lily fluttered her eyelids open, and took in surroundings. First, she was blinded by a bright, artificial, led light. But, when her eyes readjusted, she realized where she was. She was laying in a hospital bed in St. Mungo's. Then, very lazily, she let her eyes glance the room. To be honest, she was surprised that the hospital staff let in as many visitors in the room that were in there now, but at the same time, this is Lily's family were talking about. Anyways, Lily first noticed Hugo slumped back in a chair, his face and ears beat red with anger and frustration, and still in his Triwizard Uniform. He was very dirty, and all cut and bruised. How long had she been passed out? Then, Lily noticed her parents. Lily saw her mum leaning against her dad, who had his arm around her, holding her close, and his face was as white as a ghost. And, the sight that broke her heart the most was Lorcan. He was also sitting in a chair, and his face was red and splotchy, like he'd been crying. Lastly, Lily also noticed her Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron, trying to calm her mum and dad down, and then, her brothers arguing with the healers, demanding for more answers. Seeing everyone so worried about her made Lily upset. She needed to tell them that she was at least alive.

    "Mum...." Lily croaked out in a very quiet, weak voice, as she fully fluttered her chocolate brown eyes open. Everyone in the room froze when they heard her comment, and turned towards her, to actually confirm that she was finally awake. The first one to respond was Ginny, when she locked eyes with her daughter's identical ones to hers, and sprinted over to her bedside.

    "OH LILY!!!! THANK MERLIN YOU'RE ALIVE!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU SCARED US ALL!" Ginny said, automatically taking Lily into her arms, and kissing her.

    "Ahhhh.......what happened??" Lily winced when her mum squeezed her a little to hard, and because Lily now realized again how much her body ached. And then added on the last part, because she really did have no idea what happened.

    "When we came of the memory, you blacked out." Hugo cut in before anyone got the chance to answer. Besides, since he was there with her through the whole thing, he would explain it all the best.

    "How long have I been passed out?" Lily asked.

    "Three days." Ginny said in response, squeezing Lily's hands in hers.