Chapter 8: The First Task; Part 1

(Okay, fast A/N:, Again, I'm sorry for time skips! I know they're annoying, and as a reader, I would want to know everything that happens, but, it'll be better this way. I promise! From this point on, I'm going to try and limit time skips, but I just had a bit of block when it came to the end of last chapter, and the events that happened between this chapter. Anyways, please enjoy!)

Lily had woken up before dawn on the morning of the first of November. She had spent over half the night trying to remember everything she possibly could for today. Over this past month, and when she told Hugo about the Boggart rumor she heard from Lorcan, the two red headed cousins had finally felt confident and cracked what they could about the first task. As soon as Lily told Hugo about what she heard from Lorcan, she thought he was going to jump of the Astronomy Tower, but in a good way! Lily physically watched his facial expression change when those words came out of her mouth. This sentence was the only sentence that Hugo needed to hear. As soon as she said it, he almost sprinted to a certain section of the library, and pulled a bunch of books. They were all books subjecting about different hexes and charms for protection, and different other subjects that were similar. From that point forward, other than studying every word and page of books, but also would adventure their way to empty classrooms to practice different spells, charms, enchantments, jinxes, and hexes.

But now, today was the day that all of the practice and knowledge would be tested. Lily and Hugo had stayed in an empty classroom until 1:00 am last night, but, Lily really didn't get a good nights sleep, neither did Hugo. They did all they really could. There was really no 100% guarantee on what they would be facing today.

There was really point to try and go back to sleep. Lily ripped her covers of her four-poster of herself, and walked to the bathroom in the dorm that she had to share with her 4 other roommates and Caroline. She turned the lever on for the shower, and tried to relax by letting the hot water hit herself. It didn't work that well, but, the hot water did feel nice on her light, freckled skin.

After washing her body and hair, Lily stepped out, and casted a drying charm on herself. Like she always did, she casted a warming charm on her towel, so when she got out, it was all warm and ready for her. Lily wrapped the towel around herself, and walked back into her dorm to grab her Triwizard uniform that she had to wear today.

Stepping back into the bathroom, Lily took the towel off, and put on the uniform. The whole outfit consisted of a long sleeve shirt that was black with splashes of red, a pair of pants that were kind of like Quidditch pants, except they were black instead of khaki, a belt, a pair of boots, a pair of dragon skin fingerless gloves, and, a layer of an outer robe, with the last name POTTER on the back.

Lily walked over to the mirror and took a good look at herself. Now that she had the uniform on, it was all settling in on what was going to happen today. She did have to admit, she did look kind of like a badass in the uniform. After a moment of observing herself, she needed to do something with her hair. It wouldn't be practical to have her long red hair down if she would be firing spells. So, she took her hair, and started braiding it into a a long French braid that cascaded down her back. She knew that it wasn't as good as her Aunt Fleur's, Victorie's, or Domonique's, but, it will due. It didn't have to be perfect, considering on what she would be doing today. If was perfect, it would probably get messed up anyways.

Lastly, Lily walked back to her bedside table, grabbed her wand, and walked out into the Common Room for Hugo and her friends.

                                                                                                                                  ***
Meanwhile, at the same time, Hugo was doing the exact same thing as Lily. He couldn't sleep either, so he got up early and took a shower. After showering, Hugo also put on his Triwizard uniform. His was identical to Lily's, except for it was the boys version, and instead of Potter on the back, it said WEASLEY.