Chapter 6: Explanations

According to Headmistress McGonagall's instructions, Lily, basically dragging Hugo with her, followed the other three teams into the small room off of the Great Hall. Lily could sense every pair of eyes on her and Hugo, but she really didn't care at this point. In her 17 years of life, she had been used to getting looks, just because of who her father was. Anyways, when her and Hugo entered the room, the other teams, and a few people from The Daily Prophet were in there. As soon as they entered, all the teams's eyes widened, and so did the reporters. Luckily, in Hugo and Lily's favor, Rose wasn't one of the reporters there. And, it looked like a few people from the department of magical games and recreation were there too. There reactions were the same when the two red headed, freckled, brown eyed, children of the golden trio walked in.

Lily, still ignoring their reactions, sat down in one of the two seats, that were for the Hogwarts champions. It took a moment for Hugo to follow, but he did. Now, that all 4 teams of champions were sitting, a ministry official started to speak.

"Well, here we have it. Our 4 teams of champions. Each of you, selected to represent your school in this challenging, dangerous, and thrilling, magical competition. The reason why we've called you in here is to go through some more thorough rules and details, and, to snap your pictures for The Daily Prophet." The ministry official from the department of magical games and recreation started off. But, it was kind of obvious that he was a little distracted because he was directly staring at the daughter of Harry Potter, and the son of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

Lily was thankful that Rose, Aunt Hermione, and her dad weren't there. It could have been very possible. Rose was a reporter, Aunt Hermione was a ministry official, and her dad was Head Auror. Actually, since Lily was so focused on just trying to enter this thing, it kind of skipped her mind that she had never told anyone that she was going to enter. Oh Merlin! She had never thought about what her dad would think. It already stressed him enough that this competition was returning, but now, that his daughter was one of the champions! Now, all these thoughts flooded Lily's head.

"As you all know, the last Triwizard Tournament took place in the 1994-1995 school year. The champions were Fleur Delacour of Beauxbatons, Victor Krum of Durmstrang, Cedric Diggory of Hogwarts, and Harry Potter of Hogwarts. Unfortunately, due to a lack of safety, unfortunately, Cedric Diggory tragically lost his life, due to a portkey enchantment on the Triwizard cup, leading him and Mr. Potter to Lord Vol- you know who. Now, this tournament, Mr. Potter and his team of Aurors are going to make sure that nothing like that happens again. Also, with our new allies of Illvermorny, we will be stronger than before. But, before we let you all go, we need to talk about some certain rules and a few other details." The ministry official went on, but was directly looking at Lily and Hugo. The same thoughts kept flooding Lily's head as the guy explained. What would her mum and dad think? More importantly, what would her dad think? He almost lost his life when he was a champion, and he didn't exactly willingly enter. It was way to late for all those things now, but, Lily couldn't help but think of those scenarios.

"But, this Triwizard Tournament has some new elements that will benefit you all. I mean, the tasks are still going to be very difficult, testing and challenging your magical abilities, but, we will make sure that in no way, shape, or form, the Dark Lord will return in any way. The first new thing will be, besides the adding of an additional school, is this tournament, clearly, you are in teams instead of individuals. This will provide you with extra safety for one another, and, as a team, you will have each other to achieve and figure out tasks. But, since you have your partner, under no condition, will you be able to ask anyone else for any kind of help with anything." The ministry official continued. Each one of the champions listened very closely to his clarifications. Both Lily and Hugo, (who was still in denial of all of this), listened very closely, processing every word.