Chapter 15: Catching Up

After the second task, Lily and Hugo were happy to get over another giant hurdle with this Tournament. Just barely, they were tying for lead with Beauxbatons. Honestly, neither of them thought that they'd still be leading. After the Kelpie attacked Hugo, Lily could have sworn they would instantly fall into last place. But, thank Merlin for the points from the first task.

Anyways, other than just getting the task over with, the rest of that day was pretty good. Well, not the part where Hugo and Lily had to spend over two hours in the Hospital Wing recovering, but, after that, Hugo, Lily, and their massive family and extended friends spent some time celebrating another victory, (well, for Lily and Hugh, the victory was simply surviving that task). The two cousins were also thankful that the family didn't dwell on every single detail of the task, (*cough*Ron*cough), and focused on more cheery subjects. One of those subjects was Scorpius and Rose's baby. Lily and Hugo were very out of the loop since they were at school. A lot had changed since the last time they saw and talked to Rose and Scorpius. Not just Rose's physical appearance, but other things too. For starters, Rose and Scorpius found out they were going to have a baby girl.

When Rose and Scorpius told Lily and Hugo that, Hugo noticed that his mum looked like she wanted to do a backflip. He was indeed correct, even though it was a bit shocking at first, considering Scorpius and Rose's age, Hermione was now over the moon about it. Well, everyone supposed that if James and Lily had Harry at 19/20, Rose and Scorpius would be able to handle it too. On the other hand, Ron wasn't quite as visually positive as Hermione was about it, but everyone knew deep down he was overjoyed.

But, other than the excitement of Rose and Scorpius's baby, pretty much everyone else was their happy selves. James was still with his Chaser teammate on Puddermere United, Maddison Thomas-Finnegan, after being in a toxic relationship with ex-girlfriend. Albus and Caroline were still happy with each other, both eager for Caroline to graduate this summer, so they could finally stop with this long-distance relationship rubbish. Teddy and Victorie are and have been happily married. Honestly, everyone in the extended Wotter family thought that Teddy and Victorie would be the first of the Wotter cousins to have kids, but clearly, Rose and Scorpius beat them to that.

And, of course, Lily had to explain her new relationship with Lorcan to her family. But, their reactions were not what Lorcan and Lily would have expected. At the news, most of them sported a facial expression that expressed about time. Well, that wasn't the reaction that Lily thought she was going to get, but thankful that it wasn't as extreme as she thought it would be. Of course, and typically, when they were informed the news, all of Lily's male cousins and uncles gave Lorcan a fast death glare, and then let the subject go. To be honest, Lily was thankful this was all they did. She honestly thought, considering her last toxic relationship, they were going to give the if you ever hurt her we will hurt you speech.

Then, Lily was eager to know what was currently up with her godmother. Luna gave Lily a warm smile when she asked how she was, barely able to contain her emotions. At Luna's expression, Lily was eager to know more. As soon as Luna told her that she got a letter from Rolf, explaining that he would be returning home next month, Lily sprang up from her chair and hugged Luna. Apparently, Lorcan and Lysander didn't know this either, because, following Lily's action, they also hugged their mother.

Luna couldn't be happier. I mean, she was overjoyed that her husband was coming home, but, something else also made her even bubblier than her normally bubbly and dreamy self. Lately, she had reconnected with an old friend, and they had become close, best friends, again. That person was Neville Longbottom. All while Rolf was away, Luna felt a warm, reassuring, feeling when Neville wrote to her to cheer her up. They often wrote about old, happy, memories, such as the DA and the summer after the war they had together. I mean, the summer after the war wasn't exactly a great one, considering all the loses and damages to the school, but, Luna and Neville found a small light in all that darkness. Luna was thankful to have an amazing friend like Neville, and was even happier that they reconnected again.