Chapter 21: The Third Task; Part 2

Within minutes of Hugo's awkward interaction with Willow and Daisy, Hugo and Lily found themselves standing in the middle of the field with the other teams, Aurors, officials, and loud spectators surrounding all around them. In the distance, all the teams could see the glorious Triwizard Cup shimmering in the sunlight. At this sight, it just made the teams more nervous.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD MOOOOORRRRNNNNNIIIINNNNGGGG TRIWIZARD CHAMPIONS, OFFICIALS, JUDGES, FAMILIES, FRIENDS, AURORS, TEACHERS, AND STUDENTS!!!!! In just a few hours, we will have determined this year's Triwizard winners!!!!" Lee yelled to the audience with much enthusiasm, and a roar of cheers and applauses came automatically after that.

"But first, our teams must get through this extremely and most challenging task yet! For todays challenge, each team must pour the mended memory vile they collected from the last task, and enter into it. But, there's a catch, trust me, it wouldn't be that easy, phewt, each team must battle their way out, using multiple different magical battle strategies." Lee continued. While Lee was explaining the basic rules that the teams already knew, Lily looked over, and her eyes landed on her dad. He looked like he was going to be sick. Just looking at him made Lily feel the same way. Normally, nowadays, Harry was pretty calm about situations like this. Of course, since he was Head Auror, Harry had to keep his cool. But now, that was a different story.

"And lastly, currently, and this will change when our teams complete this task, but, in last, we have Oskar Hansen and Isak Fredrikson of team Durmstrang, in second, we have Elizabeth Kowalski and Benjamin Young representing team Illvermorny, and tied in first, we have Juliette Lavigne and Camille Laurent of Beauxbatons and Lily Potter and Hugo Weasley of Hogwarts in the lead! Right now, everything's neck and neck, and todays performance will determine everything! I personally wish all teams good luck, especially team Hogwarts, and lets finish this tournament strong!" Lee finished, and handed the mic to one of the officials.

"Okay teams, on my mark, you will each pour the memory liquid into the Pensieves when I say so. That way, you will each start at the same time, so everything's fair game." The official said to the entire crowd. With his announcement, the four teams stepped forward, until they were standing directly in front of their assigned Pensieve. Stepping forward, Lily and Hugo exchanged a look, and did a small nod. Even though they were nervous, now was the time. It was now or never. They had a chance at winning this whole tournament. Neither of them had a close idea as to what actually they were about to face in that memory. But, they were ready.

"On my mark,.....get set.....GOOOOOOO!!!!!" The official stated. With his statement, all of the teams, including Lily and Hugo, uncapped their viles, and poured the liquid into the Pensieves. Then, very quickly, each champion dunked into the liquid, and were completely sucked into the memories.

Once each of the teams were in the memories, and clearly not in current reality, the official spoke again.

"Now, I know you are all wondering the same thing. Each of our teams were sucked into a memory that has been tampered with, and the only way to make it out is to fight. That leads me to say that each of our champions have been transmitted into a very dangerous memory of a dark time in Wizarding History. For team Durmstrang, they have been transferred into the time of the dragon attacks in northern England. For team Beauxbatons, they have been traveled to the time of the Goblin rebellions. Then, team Illvermorny, they have been sucked into the time of the Grindelwald attacks of the 1940's. And lastly, team Hogwarts has been transferred into a memory that takes place during the.....Battle of Hogwarts." The official said, and stuttered at the end. There were gasps and silence from the audience. Everyone looked over to Harry Potter, then to Ron and Hermione Weasley.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all internally panicking. Their memories automatically tracked back to May 2nd, 1998. They barely survived that day, and devastatingly, many lives were lost, including; Tonks, Lupin, Fred, Collin, Snape, Lavender, and many, many, more. They never wanted to live in a time like that again. It was painful enough that every year on that day, they were reminded of that tragic time, but now! Their kids were literally stuck in time, with no way out until they fought their way out. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had no way to help them, they were on their own in the middle of one of the biggest Wizarding Wars in centuries.