𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ϟ

I woke up the next morning and slipped out of bed and into the shower. As the warm water ran down my hair and back, I couldn't help but be excited about the new year. Now that summer was over, and I had time to mourn, I realized that Alex wouldn't want me to be sad. He'd want me to have a fresh start and have a great junior year without any werewolf worries. I washed the conditioner out of my hair and turned the taps off. I stepped out of the shower, tied my hair with a towel, and wrapped another one around my body.

I washed my face in the sink then started brushing my teeth. This year was going to be the year I focus on grades, and grades only. I didn't have boys or any type of murdering lizards to hunt down, and I was grateful. Next, I put on some light makeup- concealer, powder, blush, mascara, eyebrow powder, highlighter, and lip balm, the usual.

After I was done, I started searching for my closet, and in the end, I decided on a green wrap-around dress with flowers and a pair of nude heeled boots. When I was dressed, I combed my hair and quickly blow-dried it, trying to dry it before I had to leave. Once I finished, Stiles knocked on my door signaling that it was time to go. I grabbed my bag, which was already filled with everything I needed, and walked down the stairs after him.

When we pulled into the school parking lot, we both got out of the car but I stopped. I stared at our large school, watching as kids talked as they walked inside. Stiles noticed that I had a look on my face, "You don't have to go to school, we can always wait till tomorrow," He told me and I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"If I don't do this, then I never will. This is going to be my year, I can feel it," I told him with a smile. "And plus, I'm in the mood to make an entrance," I lifted my head, pushed my shoulders back, and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

I walked away from the car and towards the school, I could practically hear some Britney Spears song playing in the background. Soon enough, Stiles was in stride with me as we walked towards the main doors. He opened one door and I walked through it, while he followed behind me. I walked into the school and it felt as if I caught the attention of everyone. I smiled and strutted towards my locker like I was a model on a runway. I smirked at a group of boys who were whispering about me, in a good way. This was my year.

Scott met us at my locker, "I want to ask Derek for help," He told us and I sighed as I put my notebooks and textbooks in my locker.

"You wanna ask Derek for help? Why? Why?" Stiles said exasperatedly, but I disagreed with him. I was in the mood to see him since it's been almost four months.

"He's got the triskele tattooed on his back, so, there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?" Scott pointed out and I knew that I badly wanted this tattoo, so I was okay with the plan.

"Okay, yeah, but still-- doesn't he have his hands a little full right now?" Stiles looked at the two missing people's posters for Erica and Boyd. They've been gone for the entire summer, and nobody has heard anything from or about them.

I thought for a second, "Look, Stiles' right, he's busy and probably doesn't want to help us," I told them as we walked towards our class.

"I'm guessing you haven't talked to him, either?" Scott said as Stiles pushed us away from the principal who was asking why there was a large sword in his school.

"Not really, especially with..." I led off and the boys nodded.

"Maybe you should talk to him, Syd, it would probably help you both and us," Scott pointed out, still focused on his tattoo. We walked toward our class and I sighed.

"Maybe, but if you're using me, I will get my revenge," I threatened playfully as I took my seat.

"Things will get better unless he's forgotten all about you," Stiles replied to me, but when he realized what he said, his face dropped. "I-- that's--" He tried to explain, but our phones started to buzz.