𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ϟ

I slammed the car door shut before I met up with Stiles and Scott. All three of us had got an alarming phone call from Lydia, telling us to meet her at the school. Stiles assumed she'd found another dead body, and I thought the same thing, especially with the panic in her voice. The three of us found Allison and Lydia, and I could tell that she was stressed. "Lydia?" Stiles asked as she sighed heavily.

"It's the same thing-- the same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here," She explained, "...And you told me to call you if there's a dead body,"

My eyes widened, "You found another dead body?" I asked her bust she shook her head.

"Not yet..." She replied and Stiles furrowed his eyebrows.

"'Not yet?'" He replied exasperatedly, "What do you mean, 'not yet?' Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body," He told her and she scoffed.

"Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on," She demanded as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" I asked her confused, "You're always the one finding the dead body!" I reminded her as Scott moved away from the group.

"Guys...?" He said slowly, "I found the dead body,"

I moved towards Scott and saw the outline of a body on top of the Beacon Hills High School sign. Blood was dripping down the stone slowly and I knew that it was a human sacrifice right away. It was hard to tell who it was from the distance, but Stiles called his father and the police were over in no time.

ϟ

After the events of last night, I still wanted to go to school, hoping that Stiles or Scott had figured out who the next targets were. English had started and Ms. Blake was walking around, talking about literary devices. I sat next to Lydia and behind Scott, fiddling with a pencil between my fingers. "Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes... All tools the writer uses to tell their story," Ms. Blake said as she walked down the rows.

She stopped next to Lydia as she was sketching another tree and looked at her artwork. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents...?" She complimented and Lydia looked up with a smirk.

"You and every guy I've ever dated," She answered and covered my mouth, trying to hold back my laugh.

Ms. Blake looked away anxiously, "Oh. Um, well, that was an idiom, by the way..." She replied as she moved down the row. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture," She turned around and looked at Scott, Stiles and me, no doubt remembering the event with Boyd a few nights ago. "They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or, a phrase like, 'seeing the whole board...'"

"Like chess," Stiles muttered as I looked away from Ms.Blake. I get that she's anxious with the whole werewolf thing, but if she tries to talk to me about Boyd I will personally rip her throat out. I didn't need pity, and I didn't need comforting, I just needed her to forget that it even happened.

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" She asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, no. My father does," He replied and she nodded before moving away.

"I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk," Scott said as he leaned closer to Stiles and me.

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles asked and I agreed.