𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ϟ

The storm cracked outside as I stood with Scott and Stiles in Derek's loft. The only thing was, we were hiding. Not from him, but from who was about to come in. Scott moved a small jar of powdered mistletoe around with his fingers and I could tell that he was stressed. I looked over to Stiles and I could see that he was even worse. With his dad now missing, we had a lot of things on our plate, as well as Cora still in the hospital.

The door burst open and the sound of heels running filled the quiet. I peeked around the corner to see Jennifer running into the loft, calling Derek's name. He walked through one of the doors next to the couch, saying, "I'm right here," She moved towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck as I clenched my fists.

"Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay?" She told him as she pulled away, "I need to tell you before you hear it. Before you hear it for any of them,"

"From who?" He asked as I continued to watch their conversation.

"Scott, Stiles... Sydney," She listed and I glared at her by the way she spat my name. "They're gonna tell you things-- things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me," She continued.

"What is it?" He asked as Stiles placed a hand on my shoulder. I moved my hand so that I was holding his hand on my shoulder.

"Promise you'll listen to me," She begged and he nodded.

"I promise," Derek replied, and the next thing I knew, she was kissing him. Just the way she wrapped her arms around his body made me look away in disgust.

"...They're already here, aren't they?" She asked as she pulled away.

I walked around the corner with a smile, "I'm always against murder, but with you, I can be easily persuaded," I commented as her face dropped.

"So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She asked as her arms dropped to her side.

"We told him you're the one killing people," Scott spat angrily as tears welled in Stiles' eyes.

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices?" She scoffed and I clenched my fists, "What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour-- that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense,"

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"How should I know?" She replied as she turned to Derek, "Derek, tell me you don't believe this?" She begged and he looked towards us.

It went quiet as well all waited for his response. His eyes met mine and I gave him a soft, begging look. "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" He asked coldly and she shook her head repeatedly.

"No," She sighed sadly.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. She was not getting away with the innocent card, especially when she almost killed Danny and Lydia.

"Lydia Martin?" She asked, astonished, "I don't know anything about that!"

"What do you know?" Derek asked her and she looked back and forth between all of us.

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story," She exclaimed as she looked towards me, "And one they can't prove, by the way," She glared harshly and I smiled innocently.

"But... what if we can?" I asked rhetorically as Scott past me the jar. I held it between my fingers and stared at the light brown powder inside. "Deaton, Scott's boss, said that it's a poison and a cure..."