𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ϟ

I sat at a chemistry table with Stiles, Cora, and a very confused Lydia. Stiles dropped an old box on the desk and in scratched letters, the word 'Ouija Board' was written in big, black letters. I looked at him skeptically, not understanding where he was going with this, and neither did Lydia. "A ouija board?" I asked him with a raise of my eyebrow.

Stiles shook off the top of the box, "Also called a spirit board. And, it's worth a shot..." He added and Lydia rolled her eyes.

"A shot in the dark," She muttered aloud and I smirked to myself.

"Could you just try it, please?" He asked impatiently as he set up the board, "Okay, let's not forget who this is for-- Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion." He set down the planchette, a small heart-shape device that we placed our fingers on. "Where's Dr. Deaton?" He asked and we all looked at Lydia slowly.

She noticed our stares, "...What?" She asked and I sighed.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles asked and I moved my hand away fro the small device.

"Oh, I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit..." She replied and I mentally facepalmed. I didn't know what Stiles thought was going to happen, but I for sure know that it wasn't this.

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asked Lydia and she scoffed.

"Is she for real?" She asked us, incredulously and I rubbed my forehead frustrated.

"Can we just move onto the next trick," I asked Stiles boredly, "We don't have the time to joke around with stupid board games,"

"It's not a stupid board--" Stiles sighed as he dug through his pocket and pulled out a pair of keys, "Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called psychometry,"

Lydia held out her hand, unamused, "I'm not psychic," She reminded him.

"Well, you're something, okay?" He yelled frustrated, "Just, Lydia, put out your hand, and..." She closed her eyes and held out her hand as Stiles dropped the keys into her open palm. She tightened her hand around the item and hummed to herself.

"What?" I asked her, hoping that somehow, she found his location.

She played with the keys in her fingers and opened her eyes, "They're cold," She shrugged and I leaned back against my chair.

"Lydia, concentrate, please?" Stiles asked irritably, "Trying to save lives here, for the love of God,"

She gripped the keys once again and concentrated. Her eyebrow furrowed as she squeezed her eyes shut. I leaned forward, excited, "Yeah, what is it? What do you see?" I asked her quickly and she sighed.

"Nothing," She replied.

Annoyed, I stood up from my seat and moved towards Stiles' backpack. I grabbed a notebook and a pencil, slapping the two items on the desk in front of Lydia. "Okay, we're going to try one last thing, and if it doesn't work, then we're all deeply screwed," I told them as I flipped to a blank page. "Automatic writing," I handed her the pencil and she took it from my fingers.

She pulled the notebook closer to her and started writing... well, more like sketching. "Lydia, what are you doing? What... what the hell is that?" Stiles asked her, and she grinned to herself, still drawing.

"A tree," She told us casually and I had officially lost all hope.

"A tr--?" I stuttered, "Lydia, you're supposed to be writing words-- like, in sentences, something like a location, something that would tell us where he is," I scolded.