𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ϟ

Cora lifted a bottle of water to Derek's lips, quickly bringing him awake. He looked at her, shocked that she was already out of bed and moving around. "You're okay," He breathed as she smiled brightly.

"I'm doing much better than you are right now! And all because of you." She thanked him and he looked around the room, noticing Sydney, who was asleep on the chair. "She's been here all night, watching over you. She finally fell asleep and we figured we could give her a few hours," Cora explained as Peter walked towards them.

"Derek," He started, "The moon is rising. You drained your battery all the way to the red, and there is a fully-charged Alpha on her way to rip you limb from limb,"

He took a shaky breath, "I'll be fine in a couple of hours," He replied.

"I sincerely hope so, because a few hours is all that you have," Peter told him dramatically.

ϟ

My eyes fluttered open as I sat up in the awkward chair, confused by the lack of sunlight. My legs were draped over the side, while a blanket was lying on top of me, keeping me warm. I pulled the blanket off of my body and looked around the loft. I spotted Derek, who was sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the floor.

I stood up and he noticed that I was awake. "How are you feeling?" I asked Derek as I walked towards him.

"Better then before," He replied with a soft chuckle. "What about you?"

I took a seat next to him and scratched the back of my neck, "About the same... how long was I asleep for?"

"Not that long," He replied and I nodded, "But it depends on when you actually feel asleep," I looked at the ground, remembering it wasn't until early this morning when I finally went under.

I brushed off the question, "Have you talked to Scott or Stiles?" He shook his head and I frowned.

"Not recently," He told me, "Can we, now, talk about what you said a few days ago?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"A few days ago... I've said many things-- lots and lots of words. I don't remember what I said-- and you shouldn't either," I stammered quickly and waited until I was finished to answer.

"Does 'eight months' ring a bell?" He asked in a teasing voice and my cheeks heated up.

"No--" I replied quickly and he laughed to himself. I stood up from the couch and ran a hand through my hair, trying to tame it. "I was stressed and I didn't mean to tell you that I liked you-- I mean-- oh, God," I muttered, knowing that I was just making things worse.

"So, you were serious?" He asked in a sweet voice and I turned my back to him, clearly embarrassed.

"I don't have to be-- I can move on-- or move in general... maybe different countries," I rambled and he placed a hand on my shoulder, laughing. I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm glad you find this amusing," I said sarcastically.

"You really want to move," He joked and I pulled my shoulder away from his hand.

"Yeah, if it would stop this self-hatred that you're, now, causing me," I answered back, turning around to face him.

"Hey," He put his arms up in defense, "You were the one who kissed me," He replied, defending himself.

"Yeah, and you kissed me back," I retorted and we both stopped when I realized what I had said.

Before either of us could say anything else, the alarm began blaring. Peter and Cora raced down the stairs while Derek moved to shut off the alarm. The door slid open, and I shot out my claws, expecting it to be Kali, but instead, it was Ethan and Lydia.