𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ϟ

I bounced in my seat as the school bus drove down the long and rocky road. My knees were pulled into my chest and my back was against the cold metal window. I stared blankly at Scott and Stiles who were talking in the seat across from mine. I took a shaky breath as my nimble fingers played with the ends of my light blue sweatshirt. My mind was racing, trying to piece together all of the events that happened last night.

"I can't believe he's dead," Scott muttered as he leaned his head against the window, "I can't believe Derek is dead,"

I snapped my head up and looked at the weak werewolf across from me, "He's not dead... we don't know that," I licked my dry lips as both boys looked at me shocked.

"Syd," Stiles sighed, "You two watched him fall a story and onto an escalator... I don't know if there's much room for interpretation--" Stiles continued but quickly stopped talking after I sent him a harsh glare.

"Derek's too strong... he wouldn't--he couldn't have died from that," I told them quickly, hoping to convince them I was right. The only thing was, I was trying to convince myself more than them.

It was the morning a few days before the cross-country meet and Derek had made a plan to stop the Alphas. I was leaning against the large, wooden desk next to Cora as Scott walked through the main door with news. "I know where they are," He told us as he walked towards me.

"Same building as the Argents," I answered as I stared at the blueprint that we had laid out, "We know,"

"Cora and I followed the twins," Boyd added as he turned towards Scott.

"...Then they want you to know," Scott said and I shrugged.

"Or, more likely, they don't care," Peter replied. Maybe they didn't care or maybe they did, all we know is where they were which was good enough to start a plan.

"What is this?" Scott asked as he stopped next to me, frowning at the blueprints.

"Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming," I smirked as I focused on the rest of the group.

"Coming up with a coup de main-- better known as a pre-emptive strike," Peter added and leaned over the desk.

"You're going after them?" Scott asked incredulously and I couldn't blame him. We needed to stop the Alphas and this was the only way of doing that.

Derek nodded, "Tomorrow. And you're gonna help us,"

A warm breeze moved through the bus as I tapped my foot against the seat. At the moment, I was anxious and bored, and they do not make a good combination. I couldn't stop thinking about the fight that happened last night. All the blood, the claws, and werewolves, it was too much. My body still ached from the attack and I knew that no matter how fast I could heal, It would still hurt. The claw marks on my collar bone were healing but not as fast as I wanted them too.

I pointed to the blueprints, "They're one floor above them, in the penthouse right about Allison,"

"So, kill them first? That's the plan?" Scott asked skeptically and I knew that he was going to object.

"They won't even see it coming!" Boyd tried but Scott wouldn't buy it and I agreed with him.

"Why is the default plan always murder?" He asked exasperatedly, "Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?"

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you?" Peter scoffed, "...Not that I disagree with him," He added after a second.

"I do! Why do we need this kid?" Cora piped up and I rolled my eyes.