𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ϟ

*I just thought the song went well with the story...*

The main doors of the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital slid open as I helped a lady into a seat in the waiting room. Melissa called me a few hours earlier, telling me about the ten-car pile-up that had happened. My job was to make sure nobody was seriously hurt as well as helping patients with minor injuries.

Scott walked in with a take-out bag and Melissa quickly rushed towards him, taking the food out of his hands. I chuckled softly before moving towards a man who was in his early twenties. I bend down in front of him and he groaned in pain. "Is there anything I can have for the pain?" He asked softly and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, but it would actually complicate things," I told him sincerely and he winced as she shifted in his seat, "But I heard that human contact can help," I held out my hand, remembering what Derek told me.

The patient laid in hand in mine and instantly, the searing burn filled my body. The man gasped as the pain slowly went away and I smiled to myself. He moved his hand away and I stood up, "Thank you," He mumbled and I moved towards Melissa, worried.

"Have you heard anything from Dr. Hilyard?" I asked her and she groaned, and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

"She said ten-minutes. She's behind the pile-up which doesn't help our situation," She replied as Scott took a seat on another chair off to the side. "And the ER attending is still not answering any of his pages,"

"Okay, this is bad--" I started to panic as the main doors slid open and a familiar voice yelled for help.

I quickly turned around to see Ethan holding Danny while he looked incredibly ill. "Someone help me!" He called and I looked towards Scott. This wasn't good.

I moved towards Ethan, grabbing Danny by the waist, and brought him to an empty chair. "Gentle, gentle, gentle," Melissa told us as Ethan and I set him down.

Scott pulled Ethan away from Danny, holding onto the collar of his shirt. "What did you do to him?" He accused as I moved over them, concerned.

"Nothing!" Ethan exclaimed and I could tell that he was genuinely worried about Danny. "He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it just kept getting worse..." I looked towards Melissa as she cursed under her breath.

"This is not good," She mumbled as she was crouched in front of Danny. Looking up, she called to the nurse, "How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?" The nurse behind the desk shook her head and I looked at Ethan. "His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax," Melissa told us as Danny bent to the side and began throwing up.

White liquid and another alarming substance splashed to the ground. "...Mistletoe," I muttered to Scott and Ethan and I knew that Ethan didn't do this. We laid Danny on a medical bed and moved him to another room as he gasped for breath. "You don't think this could be a..." I led off as I looked at Scott.

"It can't be a human sacrifice," He whispered back as Melissa stopped Danny a few feet away, "It was mistletoe, not a three-fold death..." He told me but I wasn't so sure he was right. How did this even get into Danny's system in the first place?

"Syd, I'm gonna need your help," Melissa called to me and moved to the other side of Danny, "Can you two please go back to the waiting room?" She begged Ethan and Scott but they both hesitated.

"Where are the nurses and doctors? Where is everyone?" Ethan asked and I sighed.

"It's a full house tonight-- they're tending to other patients," I told them as I looked at Melissa.