𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ϟ

Two days had passed.

Two days since Boyd died.

Two days since Derek disappeared.

Two days since the Alphas had made an appearance.

I stared at Cora who was facing the window, watching as the raindrops rolled down the window. Nobody had a clue where Derek went and everybody was worried. "They were there for two days, waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the Hunters find us-- hide and heal," Cora told us and Stiles groaned impatiently.

"Okay, so, is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" He asked as he paced around the seemingly empty loft.

"Why do you care?" She asked as she turned around and I stayed where I was standing.

"Why do I care?" Stiles asked appalled, "Let's see..." He thought for a second as I leaned against the desk. "Because over the last few weeks: my best friend's tried to kill himself,"

"His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed," I added as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed," Stiles continued, "Boyd was killed by Alphas... I... Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour,"

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked as she leaned against the desk.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after--" I started but Stiles cut me off.

"It's more like he should do something about it, yeah," He exclaimed and I moved my hair past my shoulder.

"I don't know... There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him," Cora told us, and my eyebrows furrowed.

"What was he like?" I asked intrigued.

"A lot like Scott, actually," Peter said as he walked down the spiral staircase, "A lot like most teenagers-- unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers..." He stopped in front of the desk and gave us a smile.

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asked as he moved towards the desk, giving me a skeptical look, which I could understand. Peter wasn't exactly... how do I put this... the most trustworthy person? No... he was more like a... pathological liar.

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men... a girl," He told us and Stiles scoffed.

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" He asked unamused and I licked my lips.

"Do you remember Derek, before he was an Alpha, had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter asked us and my mind flashed to a few months before. Back when I had first met Derek and we were driving in his car.

"Your eyes are blue, not like Scott's, cause his eyes are yellow, and they're not red like an Alpha. What do blue eyes mean?" I asked him, remembering what Stiles told me the day I was in his room. We had done a lot of research on werewolves, just in case something else happened.

"It means that I've taken an innocent life," He kept his eyes focused on the road, even though he could tell that I was studying him.

"Who was it?" I asked quietly.

"It doesn't matter, not anymore," Derek drove faster down the road, "Alphas are the only wolf that can bite and turn someone, and sometimes, it doesn't even work," He told me and I went quiet, not really sure what to say.