𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ϟ

I pushed open the swinging doors, holding them open for Jennifer, Stiles, and Derek who was carrying Cora over his shoulder. I watched as Peter and Scott fought the two Alpha's, throwing punches and claws left and right.

We rounded the corner and ran down the hallway, trying to keep a distance between us and the twins. We all ran down the stairs and out the exit doors in the garage. "It's still here," I told them as I saw the parked ambulance in the parking lot. Stiles opened the two doors and pulled out the stretcher as Derek set Cora down.

"Derek, over here," Jennifer called and he moved to the side of the ambulance. Curious, I followed them, and lying on the floor, dead and covered in blood, was the driver. I moved back towards Stiles and he gave me a worried look.

"It's the driver, he's--" I started but the sound of someone calling out a name made me stop.

"Julia," Kali sang and I felt myself freeze. I could hear the car keys dangling and I knew we were trapped. Stiles closed one of the doors but kept the other one open as I stood outside of the ambulance.

" ...That's why we're gonna run," I could hear Derek say before Jennifer ran past me. Derek followed her and looked towards me, "Stay here," I went to object but Stiles had already pulled me into the ambulance as Kali rushed by.

"Okay, okay, okay... We're okay," Stiles mumbled to himself as he checked the doors once again. "We're all right. Are you okay? How are you doing?" He asked as he looked at me and I groaned, leaning back in my seat.

He turned towards Cora and his face dropped, "...Wh... Why do you look like you're not breathing?" He asked and I moved closer to Cora. I moved my head towards her body and frowned.

"Because she's not breathing," I stated in a panicked voice.

"Oh, no. Oh, God, oh, no, no, no," Stiles stammered, "Why are you not breathing? Come on!" He looked at me wide-eyed, "What do we do?"

"Mouth to mouth... you've done that before, right?" I asked him as he rolled his sleeves.

He shrugged his shoulders as he prepared himself, "Okay, okay, okay. You can do this. Here we go..."

"Tilt the head... Fingers on the chin... Clear the throat..." I told him as he moved his hand towards Cora's mouth.

"Great, nothing-- I see nothing. Okay. All right, so, uh...." He stuttered as he stared at Cora who was growing paler by the second, "Just pinch the nose and blow," He connected his mouth to hers and began blowing air into her lungs.

"Come on, Cora..." I mumbled anxiously as I watched her chest inflate and deflate with each breath. Stiles laid his head on her chest, trying to hear if she was breathing and if her heart was still beating.

"Oh, come on, Cora. Come on, breathe," He said before she started gasping for air. He moved back astonished and I smiled brightly, "...You know... next time I put my lips to your mouth, you better be awake," He told her as she closed her eyes and fell back to sleep.

"You just hold on a little longer, okay? Trust me, if anyone's gonna get us out of this, it's Scott," Stiles comforted Cora and I sighed as I stared at my best friend. "...I can't believe I just said that. You know, I actually used to be the one with the plan... Well, or, at least a plan B," He continued and I gave him a small smile.

"Now? I don't know..." Stiles added as he leaned back, "Now, I'm thinking, maybe you were right. You know, maybe we are pretty much useless. Maybe all we really do is show up and find the bodies,"

I sat and listened to Stiles talk to Cora until he looked up at me, "I don't want to find my father's body," He told me softly and I licked my dry lips.