𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ♕

*play from the beginning*

Things have changed.

Things have gotten better, for everyone.

Scott had finally gotten over Allison which made Stiles and I both proud. Now that he was a True Alpha, he felt powerful and confident, and I loved seeing my best friend like that. Even with his dad staying, I know that that won't phase him.

Stiles and Scott both feel it, every day, just like Deaton said they would. And it makes me think about that quote Jennifer used to start our first class... Because when they describe it, I feel it, it's like... I'm looking 'into the heart of an immense darkness.'

When Scott went back into the distillery, Jennifer's body was gone. I don't know what that means, but I know that whatever comes at us next, we'll be able to take it.

Everyone was finally happy. Isaac and Allison were growing closer by the day, along with Lydia and Aiden. The couple that I'm most happy about is Ethan and Danny, who finally got together after what felt like a lifetime.

I think now, with everything that happened, the twins will be staying a while. Maybe to keep us safe and together, or to join Scott's pack, now that Deucalion is gone.

Speaking of Deucalion, I mean, my father. I never got to see him before he left and now that he's gotten his eyesight back, who knows what that could mean. Even though I hated who my father was, I was still disappointed that I couldn't spend at least a few minutes with him. Despite the whole 'killing' thing, he was my dad, and the only blood family I had left. But I know that he'll be back someday.

Now with my family, the people who have helped me throughout my life, I felt stronger than ever. I have accepted that my brother was gone and so was my dad, but I wasn't disappointed that I was alone, because I wasn't. I had Stiles and Stilinski, who were already my family in the beginning.

Along with Scott and Melissa, and now Isaac. Hell, Lydia, Allison, the twins, even Jackson, wherever the hell he is, they're all my family. Because family isn't connected by blood, it's connected by trust, love, respect, and friendship. All of these people in my life, new and old, they were my family and I wouldn't change that.

And finally, I found out that Derek was leaving with Cora. I hoped that they were going somewhere safer then Beacon Hills. Especially after Deaton told us that things could get worse. I honestly don't know if he's ever coming back. A part of me hopes so, but another part hopes that maybe he'll be okay somewhere else. Nonetheless, I went to say goodbye, not sure when I'd see him again.

I parked my car in the parking lot of Derek's loft as the sun slowly rose in the back. He looked up as I closed my door, setting down his suitcase. Cora continued to pack up the car as Derek walked towards me. "You know, I'm really starting to hate you leaving. Especially with all the sappy goodbyes," I told him with a smile.

He chuckled to himself, "Do you want me to say something sappy in return, like 'Don't think of it as a goodbye, just a see you later,'" I smiled as I looked at him. Happy that I had met him not that long ago.

"I just wanted to thank you, for everything," I said honestly and he gave me a confused look. "You helped me become a better person, no matter how cheesy that is, and a better werewolf. You helped me control my powers and I owe you for that,"

"Well, it was the least I could do, with everything that happened," He replied modestly and I grinned. "Now, I was wondering if we could actually talk about those 'eight months'?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm just saying, it was all your fault that I caught feelings," I joked and he rose his eyebrows.

"My fault?" He asked skeptically and I nodded.

"Obviously," I answered, "You're six feet of pure muscle and handsomeness, give me a break," I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I can't control that," He exclaimed, defending himself.

"You could've controlled yourself that night, though," I replied jokingly."You were there, just sitting on my bed, inches apart from me. What did you expect me to do?"

"The same thing that I wanted to do," He confessed and I blushed. I never knew that he wanted to kiss me, I always thought it was just a reaction to the kiss. You know, just to kiss back.

"Okay, wolf-man," I teased, "If that's how you really feel," I moved closer to him, "Then why don't you show me--" His lips crashed to mine as his arms wrapped around my waist. I moved my hands around his neck, kissing him back. This kiss was soft, but it was something we both wanted. Something I needed and I could tell that he did too.

I pulled away as his hand rested on my cheek, "I think I just did," He whispered and I smiled brightly. This was it. This was the perfect moment. He stared at my brown eyes while I stared into his light green ones. Just looking at him with a smile on his face made my heart flutter.

It made my heart want to jump out of my chest, run hundreds of laps and it still wouldn't be exhausted. That's how I felt for him; for Derek. With him, I felt like I was on top of the world and it was the best feeling ever. I could be myself, and nobody would judge me when I was with him. Nobody supernatural could change my feelings or push me away from him.

Nothing else mattered when I was with Derek.

He took a step back and moved towards his car. He slipped into the passenger seat and was joined by Cora a second later. I leaned against the window and flashed a smirk, "Stay safe, and call me if you get the chance,"

"I'd have it no other way," I replied as I leaned back. He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. I watched as he merged into the traffic and was soon long gone. Sighing deeply, I moved into my car and buckled my seatbelt. I turned on the ignition and rolled up my window.

Before it was fully shut, a bug flew into my car. I watched it as it flew towards the other window and I furrowed my eyebrows. I've never seen this type of bug in California, especially this early in the morning. I opened the window and it flew out the other side. I watched as the bottom half of its body flickered and I frowned.

What was a firefly doing here?

I hope you enjoyed the third book. It took some time and I wanted to thank everyone who had commented, followed, or voted on these chapters. Much love,

- S <3