𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ϟ

I walked into school with Scott and Stiles beside me. Yesterday, the boys went to a birthday party so they could 'move on', that's what Scott said. But when Allison and Lydia showed up, their plan kinda backfired. Apparently they had a bruise on their arm and they needed to find Scott, just in case it meant something.

The three of us walked into the library to see Allison, Lydia, and Derek standing together quietly. "Now that everyone's here, let's talk about the marks on their arms," Scott said as we stopped in a small huddle. Derek made his way towards Lydia and Allison, studying the purple-red bruise.

After a few minutes, Derek sighed, "I don't see anything. How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?"

"But they're the same on each side," Scott pressed but Derek didn't budge.

"It's nothing," Derek told him once again and Scott groaned.

"Pareidolia," Lydia stated out of the blue, "Seeing patterns that aren't there? It's a subset of apophenia..."

"Look, they're just trying to help," I pointed out and Derek rolled his eyes.

"This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle--" He pointed at Lydia and muttered a sarcastic 'thank you'. "And this one, who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack?" He said as he pointed at Allison.

"Okay, all right, now, come on... No one died, all right?" Stiles tried to say but was stopped by a glare from Derek, "Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay? A little mangling, but no death! And that's what I call an important distinction."

"My mother died," Allison said quietly, and everyone went quiet, except Derek.

He scoffed, "Your family's little honor code killed your mother, not me," Allison shot a harsh glare at Derek and I could feel the tension rising.

"That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you," Allison replied angrily.

"You wanna help? Find something real." He shot back before walking away and I followed him, hoping to try and reason.

"Derek... Give her a chance. Okay? They're on our side now," I told him as we stopped a few feet away from the group, Scott beside me.

"Well, then maybe Scott should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night. I'm not following a stupid bruise, I need to find them," He told us and Scott sighed.

"Don't you think that I want to find them too. After everything that's happened, we need to help each other. Now look, you can do whatever you want, but just know, that you won't get far without us," I told him confidently before we walked back to the group. I'm praying to God that I was able to convince him, otherwise, we're screwed.

The bell rang as Derek walked out of the school. Scott, Stiles, and I started to make our way across campus, heading for our next class. "Okay, what would a pack of Alphas want with Erica and Boyd?" Stiles asked as we walked across the damp tarmac.

"I'm not sure it's them they want..." I replied as we hopped up the stairs.

"Okay, what, like, Derek? Like they're recruiting?" Stiles asked and I shrugged. We both looked at Scott. but instead of talking about the Alpha's, he was staring at two students who were walking by; the new twins. "Scott... you okay?" Stiles asked, snapping him out of his trance.

"They might be recruiting, since he is an Alpha," I said as we walked down the hallway and into our Business class with Coach. "I say, we figure out this later. Come up with some type of plan, as well," I said and the boys agreed as we took our seats.