Chapter Two

"So, here we are". Gulf took off his flip-flops, enjoying the feeling of cold sand on his feet.

"YES. Can't believe we're already invited to an awesome party and that you're the reason why".

Gulf raised his eyebrow. "Hey, are you implying I'm not the type of guy who's usually invited to parties?".

Mild put his hands on his shoulder, winking at him. "On the contrary, you're totally the one who's invitied to parties, but who usually cancels at the last minute with some lame excuse".

Gulf smiled, because he was right. "I'm sorry, I promise not to abandon you too much on these social events. I don't want you to say I'm a bad best friend".

Mild suddenly stopped and looked at him proudly: "What have you done with my best friend? You two can't be the same person".

Gulf hit his shoulder. "Don't make me regret it already, you idiot".

He was laughing with Mild, when suddenly he saw Mew, a beer on his hand, joking about something with Tong.

"Gulf, what's the deal with you and that guy?".

Gulf gave a shaky laugh, his eyes sliding away from Mew. "What do you mean?"

He had never talked about Mew with Mild, mainly because there was nothing to talk about in the first place. It was just a crush, something he thought he'd taken out of his mind.

"I don't know. He looked at you like he wanted to eat you or something".

Gulf choked on his own saliva. He was not expecting that. "Stop the nonsense. We just met".

Even if he didn't want to talk about this specific thing with Mild, he had to admit that Mew had looked at him so intensely that very morning that he almost forgot to breathe.

"If it isn't the new boy".

It was Tong who just yelled at them, smirking and nudging at his best friend to get his attention. Now that Mew's eyes were on him, the same feeling of exposure and vulnerability was overwhelming him. What the hell? Get a grip, Gulf. He tried to avoid his eyes on him, focusing on greeting Tong. "Hey...there".

Mild laughed at his attempts to act cool, wrapping his arm around Gulf's shoulders. This thing seemed to bother Mew a little bit. Or maybe it was just Gulf's wild imagination. "Sorry, he doesn't go out much".

Gulf glared at his best friend, who was making him look like a total loser. "That's not true".

Tong smiled, sipping his drink with a curious look. "But he's got the looks, so that's okay. Right, Mew?".

Mew moved his eyes on Tong, a silent conversation going on between the two of them. Though when he opened his mouth to reply, Saint interrupted him. "Gulf, you're here! Dance with us".

Zee seemed to be a little drunk, because he didn't look like the type to smile too much, and now he was on cloud nine. "Hey, man. You're cool, you know?".

Saint pinched his cheek with a disapproving look. "Don't flirt with my friend".

Zee hugged him from behind. "Aww, so jealous. Weren't you the one saying I should be nicer to people?".

Gulf chuckled at the sight of the two bickering like an old couple.

"They're always like that. The alcohol only makes the situation worse".

Gulf laughed, until he recognized the voice behind him. When he turned his face a little bit, Mew was so near he could feel him breathing on his face. He seemed in a good mood now, and Gulf was still surprised he was talking to him at all. "They look good. Of course I only know Saint, but Zee seems like a nice guy too".

Mew nodded, handing him a beer. Gulf tried not to shiver when their hands touched. Act like a normal person, act like a normal person. "Yeah, he is. I've known him since elementary school. Saint recently joined our group after stealing my friend's heart".

Gulf started drinking, hoping it would help him loosen up a little. It was hard to even look at him in the eyes, they were so hypnotizing. After a few seconds too long of silence and deep staring at each other, Gulf took heart to ask him: "Why are you looking at me like this?".

Mew seemed surprised, but then grinned. Damn. "Does it bother you?".

He took a long sip, waiting for Gulf to answer. But he did not know what to say, because Mew was definetely not following the script he had in mind. "I didn't say that".

Again, Mew was looking pleased. "I mean...".

Gulf was stopped by Mild and Run, who literally dragged him with them. Considering the turn of his conversation with Mew, it was probably for the best to be dragges as far away as possible.

Run threw his hands up, starting moving his body too. "I love this song".

Gulf did not know how, but he found himself dancing with them, awkwardly trying not to step on anyone's toes.

Mild started dancing around him like a crazy person, making him laugh. "Isn't Gulf the best?"

Gulf's lips twisted into a gleeful smirk. "Mild, how much did you drink?".

Run laughed, a guilty expression on his face. "It's my fault, we were doing a drinking game".

Mild looked at him, suddenly sad. "Gulf, don't worry. You're still my buddy, ok?".

Gulf smiled, leaving him to Run. "You made him drink. Now it's your responsability. Good luck...you'll need it".

He started dancing again, not so far from Saint and Zee, who were singing their heart out. He didn't want to intrude and interrupt them in the middle of their moment, so he looked around for a familiar face. He suddenly remembered that his only other friend was completely loaded. So the only other option was...

"Want to join us?" Tong didn't even wait and took his hand to get him closer to him and Mew. His whole brain suddenly screamed code red with full force. "Don't worry, Mew doesn't bite. Kind of".

Mew playfully slapped his friend's shoulder. "Stop it, or he'll think I'm some kind of jerk".

Tong giggled. "Well...".

Mew moved closer, but Tong hid behind Gulf. "Hey, why am I in the middle of this?"

Gulf was already panicking enough with the overall situation, the fact that Mew was again this close to him was making him crazy. "You're right, let's dance".

Tong started dancing to encourage the other two, trying to keep it funny but still cool. Slowly, Gulf let himself loose a little bit. "That's what I'm talking about!".

Gulf laughed, even though he was pretty sure he was not dancing anywhere near good, but on the bright side at least he was having fun. Mew had that little smile on his lips, though he wasn't saying anything. Then he suddenly came closer, and Gulf realized that Tong had left them alone. When that happened? Mew started dancing around him, and Gulf swallowed, suddenly feeling all tensed. "Interesting style you've got".

Gulf blushed. "I'm not the greatest dancer". So he was making a fool of himself.

"Maybe I can teach you".

He felt Mew's hands on his hips, his chest pressed against his back. He would have panicked if he weren't completely speechless. Taking his silence as tacit approval, Mew started moving his hips a little slower. Then he lightly brushed his fingers along his arms, eventually reaching his hands, which he took in his. Gulf would have probably stopped dancing altogether if Mew weren't guiding him.

"Are you okay there?". Mew brushed his lips on his shoulder, probably trying to check his reaction. Thank God he couldn't see it yet. Of course he was not okay. "Yeah...".

When the song was over, Mew loosened his hold on him. Gulf desperately needed air. "Wanna take a walk?".

Gulf was surprised by the sudden suggestion, but walking seemed like a good idea. Nothing like a good amount of safety distance to keep him sane. "Yeah, I think this dance floor is still not ready for my moves".

Mew let a chuckle slip by and Gulf smiled for a moment. But when he took another pair of beers and a large towel, Gulf knew he was getting himself into a dangerous game. "Let's go".