Chapter Twenty-Four

Gulf took off his shoes, which were soaking wet. "Wait here". He stood there, watching Mew taking off his shirt and getting in the bathroom. He came back with towels and some dry clothes for Gulf. "I wear these sweatpants more often than you".

He laughed, while changing his clothes. "They look better on you anyway".

Gulf smiled, while Mew was busy blow drying his hair. Even in that hoodie he looked amazing, and Gulf wondered if it was even fair for a guy to be that handsome. "What are you thinking about?".

Gulf took the hairdryer from his hands and did the same thing for him too. "Nothing, just admiring my boyfriend". Mew stole a kiss from him and then let him finish his job. "Ok, I'm done".

Mew disappeared again for a few minutes and Gulf made himself comfortable on his couch. He was thinking about how hungry he was – considering he had barely touched his food at all – when Mew opened the door with some pizza, fries and beers on his hands. "Oh my God, you're an angel".

Mew laughed, closing the door with a kick. "Luring you with food is all it takes? Duly noted".

Gulf made room for the junk food on the couch, excited. "I'm not gonna answer that". He opened the pizza box, delighted with the smell of melted mozzarella.

Mew opened the beers and handed him one. "Cheers". Gulf took a long sip and then went back to eating. "You look very happy when you eat, you know?".

Gulf blushed, realizing how he must have looked, eating like his life depended on it. "Sorry, I barely touched the risotto, even though it looked really good".

Mew took some fries from the plate, dipping them into the mayonnaise. "Yeah, I know. You were busy acting all jealous".

Gulf threw some fries at him, who took a pillow to take cover. "Haha very funny. You enjoyed it, didn't you? Looking so smoldering...".

Mew grinned. "Go on".

Gulf glared at him but he probably did not look threatening at all. "Look at you, you're getting a swelled head already".

Mew moved away the empty boxes and pushed Gulf towards him by the hips. "Can't a guy be happy after being praised?".

Gulf hit his chest, sulking. "You already know you are".

Mew bit his lower lip, unintentionally looking even sexier. "I only care when you're the one thinking that". He came closer, almost brushing their lips against each other. Gulf put the neck of the beer bottle between them, preventing Mew from kissing him. "Hey".

Gulf laughed, pleased with himself. "That's for not tearing the note from your friend immediately".

Mew pretended to be hurt and when Gulf let his guard down, he started tickling him on his hips and belly. "P'Meeew". Gulf was both laughing and rolling on the couch, trying to stop his boyfriend. "Time out, please". But Mew wasn't stopping so Gulf got on top of him and kissed him to distract him. Finally getting what he wanted, Mew stopped torturing him, caressing his back instead. "Happy?".

Gulf pulled away a little, just to look at Mew. He cupped his face in his hands, shaking his head. "There's still room for improvement".

He pulled him closer again, crashing his lips against Gulf's. Gulf's mouth opened, so their tongues could tangle together. There was no rush: the kiss was sweet – yet passionate – their tongues gently moving in unison and their hands constantly running through each other's face and body. Neither seemed willing to let go but eventually they had to, gasping for air.

They stared at each other without saying anything and then Gulf rested his head on Mew's legs, something he had always wanted to do but never had the chance to. Mew smiled, softened by his boyfriend's sudden initiative. He started stroking his hair, Gulf smiling approvingly with his eyes closed. "I missed you this week".

Again, Mew was surprised by his boyfriend's frankness. Though he didn't tease him this time. "I missed you too. That's why I wanted tonight to be perfect. I'm sorry for the whole mess".

Gulf opened his eyes, seeing Mew's sad expression. "Hey, this is the best first date ever". Mew didn't seem convinced, so Gulf sat on his lap and hugged him. He leaned even closer, whispering on the shell of his ear: "I don't care about fancy dates, ok? All I care about is being with you".

Mew fell silent, thinking about what to say. He did not know how to express what he was feeling in that moment. So he hugged him too, leaving sweet kisses on the back of his neck and his shoulder. "Got it?".

Mew nodded at Gulf's insistence, feeling a little emotional. And as was to be expected they cuddled for the rest of the night, slowly falling asleep on the couch.