Chapter Eight

Mew was looking at him in that sexy way that made his legs turn into jelly. Gulf turned back around in his arms to face him, moving his body together with his at the rhythm of the music. "Maybe we should leave the party a little earlier...".

Gulf smiled, tracing his hands along his shoulders. "You should at least wait for the cake, or Saint will kill me for sure".

Mew moved his fingers along Gulf's back, making it hard for him to stay still. "You're right. I guess I can wait a little longer...".

Just then Saint grabbed the microphone, trying to draw everyone's attention, while drastically lowering the volume of the music. "Sorry for the interruption, I hope you're all enjoying yourself. I'll be brief...". Zee raised an eyebrow, skeptical. He loved that guy, but he knew how much he could talk about his friends. "I promise!".

Mew laughed, his hand still brushing Gulf's. "Mew, I know you don't really like when I get emotional, especially when it's about you. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you accepted me in your circle of friends. Most people think you're a jerk, and well...sometimes you can be".

Gulf slightly turned his head to watch Mew's reaction. He was smiling, eyes shining a little bit. It was like a shot in the heart, because he looked even more handsome than usual. "But you also have a big heart". Gulf noticed Saint looking at him for a brief moment. "Yeah, you have it. Don't try to deny it. So...yeah. Thank you for being a good friend. I hope this birthday will be a special one".

He raised his glass, and everybody did the same. Mew smiled in his direction, before sipping his champagne. Lights dimmed a little, while Tong was bringing the cake and everybody started singing. Mew was uncharacteristically shy while blowing out his candles. He probably wasn't used to public displays of affection.

"GROUP HUG!". Run shouted and all the squad surrounded Mew with their arms. "Guys, I'm suffocating in here". Run shook his head. "Accept the love, man".

Gulf watched the scene from afar, a smile escaping his control. He didn't know why but it felt good seeing him like that.

After a few minutes, Gulf put his glass down, leaving it on the nearby table. He made eye contact with Mew, pleased by the fact he was already staring. It didn't take long before Mew followed him upstairs.

"C'mere". Mew took his keys, quickly opening his bedroom door. Gulf tried not to laugh, remembering Saint's words. "You didn't have to follow me already...". Gulf teased him, while going inside. "Oh, shut up".

Gulf's laughter quickly died in his throat, watching Mew loosening his tie and rolling up his sleeves. He swallowed even harder when he took his watch off his wrist, putting it on the bedside table. Even that was sexy. Drawn to him like a magnet, Gulf pulled him by the tie, tentatively brushing their lips together.

Then Mew finally crashed his lips against Gulf's, his mouth opening so their tongue could tangle together. He moved his hands on his shoulders, quickly removing his lover's jacket.

Gulf pushed him on the bed, breaking away from him to unbotton his own shirt, very slowly. Mew bit his lip, taking a close look at him. "Are you strip teasing for me?".

Gulf laughed, his shirt falling on the ground. "Kind of".

A muscle twitched in Mew's jaw as he was fighting to stay still. Then Gulf started unbuckling his own pants, nimbly slipping them off. Mew's eyes darkened, focusing on his toned legs. Gulf had recently found out they were one of his weak spots. Without skipping a beat, his hands found Gulf's, drewing him on the bed with him. A smile alighted on his lips as he rolled over Gulf: he undressed himself too, maybe a little too fast for Gulf's taste. However, when he saw him bare-chested, he suddenly forgot why he was complaining in the first place.

Gulf switched their position once again but Mew didn't seem upset about it, his fingers caressing the curve of his butt. Gulf leaned down on him, traveling with his hands and mouth along his chest, lingering on his nipples. On instinct, Mew squeezed his thighs, making Gulf gasp for a moment.

Gulf teased the band of his underwear, pulling it back with a snap. Mew shook his head, laughing. "You're terrible".

Gulf looked at his pleading eyes, which were not an everyday thing. He came back kissing his stomach, his hand sliding down his legs working against his erection. And when Mew felt his lips too, he let out a groan of delight. This only fostered Gulf to keep going, sometimes glancing over Mew to see how his whole body was reacting to him. Mew threw his head back, running his fingers through Gulf's hair as a wave of warmth started to build inside him.

That's when Mew stopped him, making him lift his back against his chest. He brushed his lips on Gulf's shoulder, who tilted his neck in anticipation. Mew slowly mapped out his neck with wet kisses, stopping at his earlobe. Gulf closed his eyes, pleasure coiling through him while Mew hugged him and started touching him too.

While the other hand was playing with his butt, Gulf felt he was about to explode already. "Mew".

Gulf lift his arm and turned his head enough to draw his lips on his, intoxicated by the way his mouth moved against his. Their bodies were getting so hot they had to stop for a moment, Mew using the time to roll a condom over his erection.

Then he made him sit on top of him, looking at him intensely. "I want to look at you".

Gulf clinged firmly to him when he started moving his hips. Every time a moan escaped Gulf's lips, Mew breathed hard against his shoulder, nibbling his neck to help him reach his limit. Gulf strived to drive him crazy too, considering the special occasion. He didn't have to wait long, though: for once, Mew didn't hold back at all, repeating his name with that husky voice of his.

Exhausted, they threw their backs on the mattress, trying to catch heir breath. Gulf put his cheek on the pillow, and Mew did the same, looking at him. "Happy birthday". Gulf wanted to tease him as usual, but it actually came out a little sweeter than expected.

Mew smiled brightly, and Gulf thought he had never seen anything so perfect in his entire life. He stood up to get some wet washcloths and clean underwear. They both didn't have much strength right now for a full shower. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my birthday".

Gulf was surprised, hearing his apology. He just shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry. It seemed like you didn't even want to celebrate at all".

It would have been a lie to say it didn't hurt his feelings a little bit, but he knew Mew didn't own him anything. That was the deal after all. "Well, actually I texted you. I just didn't want to bring up my birthday. I don't know, it felt weird. I realize it was stupid of me".

Gulf tried not to smile, because somehow Mew wanted to spend his birthday with him. He did not know what that meant, and probably not even Mew had thought it through. Regardless of his reasons, Gulf was happy. "You're forgiven. I mean...look at this place. You have such good friends. Mild would buy me a pizza, at best. And he would probably borrow my money for it".

Gulf was completely smitten by Mew's sudden laughter. It was indeed a special day. "Which reminds me...he will kill me when he'll find out I'm here without him. I'm surprised Run did not stuff him in the back of his car".

Mew smiled, nodding. "Yeah, they're practically inseparable. I think he was too excited because he was able to convince you to come with us".

Gulf bit his lip, trying not to smile but failing miserably. "How could I give up a paid trip to this paradise?".

Mew squeezed Gulf's hips, making him jump and laugh at the same time. "Is that the only reason?".

Mew kept on tickling him, Gulf trying to stop him. "Hey, I surrender". He grabbed Mew's wrists in his hands, their faces a few inches away. "No, it's not the only reason".

Something changed in Mew's eyes. Gulf wished he could bottle up those moments, because he was afraid he would never feel that way with someone else again.