Chapter Fifteen

Gulf was about to head out of his dorm to meet with Mild for classes, when a crying Saint appeared in front of his room. "Saint? What...what happened?".

Without saying anything, he hugged Gulf, who was a little surprised but tried to comfort him anyway. He saw Mew and the others just behind him.

"He's been like this for at least ten minutes". Mew explained to Gulf, while Boat nodded.

"Zee is not answering my calls. Or messages. We had a stupid fight, I've never seen him so angry. I'm afraid he'll leave me for good this time...". Gulf handed him a tissue, still caressing his arm to calm him down.

"Well, maybe he just needs to blow off some steam. I'm sure it's nothing serious". Gulf actually didn't know what to do or say, he wasn't exactly the best person to ask for relationship's advices.

"Yeah, S. He's probably on his way back to your room to clear things out". Mew awkwardky patted his shoulder, and Gulf tried not to smile because of his cuteness. For a second or two, Gulf was lost in thoughts, remembering how Mew had held him tight for almost an hour while he was crying like a baby. He felt embarassed but most of all he wanted to thank him for what he had done.

When Mew realized he was staring at him, Gulf quickly looked away, focusing his attention on his friend. "Can you all help me find him, please?"

Gulf noticed once again the tension between Mew and Tong, who both went quiet. "Could you at least do it for me?". Saint was clearly exasperated by the cold relationship between his best friends.

"Of course they'll do it, right? If we look for him together, we'll find him faster". Gulf hoped not to have crossed a line, getting in the middle of their argument. "Yeah, okay". Mew started walking, keeping his distance from Tong anyway.

Gulf looked at Tong, who looked miserable. "Hey, are you okay?".

Tong sighed deeply, walking beside him. "Yeah, sure".

Gulf raised his eyebrow. "I know it's none of my business but even if things between me and Mew are...complicated, you can talk to me. You really helped me in several occasions, so...I'd like to return the favor". Tong looked at him, a weak smile on his lips. "Look, you're not as miserable as before".

Tong couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head. "Gosh, is this your way of cheering me up?".

Gulf smiled at him proudly. "Kind of. But hey, it's working, so it's not a bad technique after all".

They smiled at each other, until Tong caught Mew glancing at them, not particularly happy about it. "Thank you but...with this thing you can't help me. I said stupid things but I don't regret saying other things...".

Gulf looked more confused than ever. "Let me stop you right there. Whatever you two fought about, is really worth your friendship? I don't know a lot about your past but you two are brothers. I saw it on his birthday and other times too. Just...think about it".

Tong nodded, hands in his pocket. "You really care about him, uh?".

Gulf looked away, trying not to blush. He thought he did a pretty good job hiding his feelings in the last few weeks but apparently he was more obvious than he intended to. "I do".

Their conversation was interrupted by Saint, who grabbed Tong by his arm. "Why don't you check if Zee is here? I need to talk with Gulf".

Tong didn't complain too much, until he saw there was Mew too. Saint was clearly trying to make them reconcile. "He's not here".

Mew was about to leave the room but then changed his mind. "You and Gulf...I guess I can't have a say about it". Mew swallowed, it was not easy for him to say it.

"There's no me and Gulf". Mew had the 'whatever you say' kind of look, so Tong came closer. "I mean it. I would never do that to you, I want to make sure you know it". Mew looked down, conscious of the fact he was referring to what had happened to him in the past. "Also, it's not like I had any chance at all. He only has eyes for you. It's been like that from day one".

When Mew finally looked up, he caught Gulf watching them from a distance. However, when he crossed Mew's gaze, Gulf suddenly turned the other way. Mew tried not to smile like an idiot.

"And...happiness looks good on you. You deserve it". And with that, Mew smiled at his friend and hugged him. He rarely showed his affection for his friends in such an opened way but after a long week of non-talking with his best friend Mew could not care less about keeping his distant front. Tong hugged him back, a wide smile on his face.

"Finally!". Zee came out from behind the door, happy as a clam.

"Wait, why are you so cheerful?". Saint laughed at Boat's comment, giving his boyfriend a peck on his cheek. "Babe, you should have waited a little more".

Gulf was shocked. "I can't believe you tricked us like this. You drenched my shirt with your tears. Crocodile tears, apparently". Gulf was not really annoyed, because he was glad that at least Mew and Tong seemed to be on good terms again.

"Your Honor, in my defense we actually had a fight...". Zee hugged him tight from behind. "...but we made up right away". Run laughed, shooking his head. "I'm sorry guys but the situation was getting out of control, so I had to do something".

Mew laughed too, giving a nudge to Zee. "I can't believe you went along with his plan. You two are so...".

Saint smiled at Mew, waiting for him to keep going. "What? Handsome? Cute? Perfect?".

Mew bit his lip. "...in love".

Zee blushed a little and Saint held his hand, proudly. "Of course we are". 

And before Saint could add something embarassing about Mew and Gulf, Run waved his hands to catch everyone's attention. "This is the time for a group hug. You two, don't ever fight again, I think my hair started falling out because of all this stress. So if you don't want me to become bald....".

Tong burst out laughing. "How is this about you?". Gulf laughed, watching the group teasing each other as usual.

When he tried to leave them alone, he felt a strong hand on his arm. It was Mew. "Hey, where are you going?".

Gulf tried to say something but he was interrupted by Tong. "You're part of the team now. So join this stupid hug or Run will chase you all over campus".

And while the others started messing around, Mew leaned forward and whispered in Gulf's ear: "Can we talk? There's something I have to tell you".