Chapter Seventeen

Gulf had never been anyone's boyfriend. And now he had to be one, kind of. When Mew's parents had caught them red-handed in his room, Mew suddenly introduced him as his boyfriend and Gulf had not had the courage to contradict him. He thought it was a harmless lie, with no need to make a big fuss about it. However, Gulf had not taken into consideration the possibility of being invited at the Jongcheveevat's mansion for a whole weekend.

"Are you sure? I can still make up some excuse, you don't have to come if you don't want to".

Mew was apologizing to Gulf for the hundredth time and for the hundredth time Gulf was trying to calm him down. "They'll only be more suspicious. They already looked at me like I was an alien".

Mew chuckled, putting their suitcases in the trunk of his car. "It's not what you think. It's just...been awhile since I even said the word".

Gulf bit his lip, trying not to fantasize too much for his own good. He was just helping him. He was not his real boyfriend. However, when Mew opened the door for him, beaming at him, Gulf just knew he was screwed. He shook his head, trying not to overthink. "Let's go".

Gulf unintentionally slept for most of the road trip, lulled by the angelic voice of Mew. When he opened his eyes, he realized he was touching Mew's hand on the gearshift. When he took his hand away, Mew glanced at him, a grin on his face. "Good morning, sleepyhead. You really can sleep everywhere, uh?".

Gulf blushed, feeling a little guilty for failing to keep him company. "Sorry, I'm already the worst boyfriend ever".

Of course Gulf was joking but Mew glanced at him again, amused. "Not even close".

His smile vanished, and he was lost in thoughts again. "What were you singing just now?".

Mew seemed surprised, he probably thought Gulf was too sleepy to actually listen to him. "Nothing, just...some stuff I wrote".

Gulf smiled widely and Mew saw him through the window. "What?".

Gulf came a little closer, brushing his arm with his fingers. "Do I get to hear the full version? I think it's the least you could do, all things considered".

Mew laughed, his eyes on the road. "Since when are you interested in my songs?".

Gulf pretended to be offended. "I beg your pardon? Do I have to remind you that you practically seduced me with a song during one of your concerts?".

They both laughed just thinking about it. "I had to, you were running away at midnight like Cinderella".

Gulf giggled at the comparison. "So that makes you prince charming? Uhm...".

Mew took his hand, and Gulf let him. "Why? Am I not charming enough?". Gulf bit his lip, because he always had to censure himself not to sound too corny. "That's not the part I'm worried about".

Mew squeezed his hand and Gulf laughed at the gesture. "Hey, I can be a perfect gentleman, just you wait".

Gulf smiled, he already knew that but he loved teasing him. In all their bickering, they were still holding hands, neither wanting to let go of the other. Gulf smiled, spending the rest of the time looking out of the window.

By the time they got to his house, Gulf was completely speechless. He knew Mew was rich but he had no idea he lived in such a paradise. Mew was amused by all his different expressions and by the fact he still hadn't said anything. "I guess I should really call you prince from now on".

Mew rolled his eyes, opening his door again. "Oh, shut up".

But the teasing was not over yet. "I should be the one opening the door, my Lord".

Gulf laughed at his own joke and Mew leaned him against the car, his hands on his hips. "Are you having fun?".

Gulf smiled at him, way too happy because of their closeness. "Now I get it, your parents are probably against me because they saw me wearing that cheap sweatpants. I'm no Gucci boy like you". 

Mew laughed, throwing his head back in a really adorable way. Then he brushed his mouth against his ear, making him shiver. "You can wear whatever you want, it won't make any difference." While saying that, Mew moved his lips and nibbled his lower lip. "Or you could, you know, not wear anything at all".

Gulf grinned, moving his hands on his arms, his thumbs drawing imaginary circles on them. "I don't think your parents would approve but I'll keep that in mind".

Mew beamed and finally kissed him, his hands traveling all the way up his back. Gulf let himself go, putting his hands around his neck. It was refreshing: they didn't normally kiss outside of the bedroom, with the exception of parties and such. But after Mew's speech, something clearly had changed. They weren't friends, that was established. And they were not just sex buddies. And now that he could feel Mew's smile in the middle of their kiss, Gulf had no idea how to slow down his own heart rate. "Er...um".

Someone cleared his/her throat, so Mew and Gulf immediately broke away. "Relax, I'm not mom, or dad. And they already caught you two in your bedroom. I don't think anything could shock them anymore". The girl grinned, and for a moment Gulf could swear she looked just like Mew. "I'm the sister, by the way. Jom".

She reached out and Gulf took her hand, shaking it gently. "I'm Gulf".

She glanced at her brother, approvingly. "He's cute. Well done, big bro".

Gulf blushed, he should have been used to such flattery by now – considering he had now his own little fan club during soccer matches – but he couldn't help himself. Also, the family resemblance didn't help at all. "P'Mew didn't tell me he had such a beautiful sister. Maybe I picked the wrong family member".

Jom laughed, even harder when she noticed her brother's expression. Gulf was pleased too. "Aww, Mew. Jealousy looks good on you".

She pinched his cheeks while he kept on sulking. "I'm not jealous. And you're already taken".

She smiled, showing Gulf the ring on her hand. "I still have a couple of days of freedom".

Gulf giggled, it was fun to embarrass him for a change. Softened by his expression, Gulf put his arm around his shoulder and kissed Mew's cheek, taking him by surprise. "Oh, come on. You know I only have eyes for you". As he broke off from the kiss, Gulf noticed Mew's flushed cheeks, so he smiled at him, cockily. He wasn't lying and Mew probably knew it too.

"Aww, you guys are so cute!". And with that, Jom dragged him into their house, followed by a smiling Mew.