Chapter Twenty-Seven

Life since the accident had been hard on Gulf but he managed. He missed soccer more than he thought he would, he also felt a little worthless, because he had to postpone some of his exams for the time being. Walking was not an easy task too, and he refused to be carried around by his team mates, or Mild. "Gulf, please. I don't know why you're being so stubborn. You're overexerting yourself".

Gulf leaned the crutches against the wall of the library, shaking his head. "I'm fine". He started limping to get to the chair, trying to make it look effortless when really it wasn't. "I'm never going to play again if I can't even walk first".

Mild sighed, seeing the sadness in Gulf's eyes. He always tried to be brave but he was suffering in silence. "Gulf, of course you're going to play again. This is just temporary, ok?". Gulf nodded, not really convinced though.

"Is this seat taken?".

When Gulf looked up, he thought for a moment he was just hallucinating. There was no way he could be here.

"Oh my God, you're here". Mild screamed, getting some dirty looks from the other students in the room. Mew was smiling brightly, his white shirt enhancing his tanned skin. His hair looked a little messy, and Gulf felt the urge of stroking it.

Their eyes met, and Gulf's heart began to thud slowly, off beat. They weren't saying anything but so much at the same time. "Happy to see me?".

Mew finally broke the silence, leaning a little closer. "What...what are you doing here?".

Mew touched his hand for a moment before answering his question. "Let's go to your room first, I'll tell you all about it".

Gulf hesitated, looking at his crutches. Mew followed his gaze, sighing. "I know all about it, silly".

Gulf's eyes popped in surprise. "But how?"

Mild and Mew glanced at each other. "Mild". Gulf immediately glared at his best friend. "Mild, you promised!".

Mild glanced back at him, apologetic. "I'm sorry, ok? I was really worried and...it wasn't fair, he deserved to know".

Gulf knew he was right, still he was frustrated because he wasn't the one to tell him. "It was my decision".

Mew reached for him, now holding his hand more decisively. "A stupid decision, Gulf. You shouldn't have faced all this by yourself".

Gulf fell silent, and Mew knew they needed a moment alone. He asked Mild to help him get him to the elevator and then, when they were out of the library, he started bending his back. "What are you doing?".

Gulf looked at his boyfriend, confused. "C'mon, hop on my back. I'll take you".

Mew's eyes told him he wouldn't take no for an answer. Gulf carefully got on his back, honding on to his shoulders. Mild smiled at them, taking Gulf's crutches. "I'll bring them to you later".

Mew was walking slowly but without complaining. Gulf seized the opportunity to sniff him, he even missed these little things. "Are you okay back there?".

Gulf knew he had barely talked since he arrived but he was still shocked and overwhelmed. He had missed him so much. Still... "I didn't want you to come back like this. To be a burden for you".

Mew tensed up, he probably wanted to reassure him but they had not yet arrived in his room. "Gulf...".

The younger hid his face in his shoulder, leaving a soft kiss there. He didn't want him to think he wasn't happy to see him again. "It's just...you sounded so happy and accomplished. I didn't want to ruin all that".

Mew opened his door and made him sit on his bed, careful not to hurt him. Gulf stared at him the whole time, and then he grabbed his hand, guiding him on the bed too. Mew sat behind him, so Gulf could rest his back on his chest. He held him tight, peppering with kisses on his neck and shoulder. Gulf smiled, turning his head to look at him." Are you trying to make up for lost time?".

Mew nodded, sniffing his neck just how he loved to do. "Yeah, I need to kiss and touch you to make sure it's not just a figment of my imagination".

Gulf laughed, sometimes it was like they shared the same mind. "I'm here, a bit of a wreck, but still standing. Well, not literally".

Mew touched his belly, smiling. "You don't have to make jokes about it. It's okay if you're angry, you know? I can take it. I'm not okay with you keeping things from me because you don't want to ruin my mood. You listened to all my problems even before we were actually together. I want you to know that I can be your rock". He took Gulf's hands, leaving a kiss on their backs. "I want to".

Gulf stared at his boyfriend, caressing his cheek. "You already are". Then Gulf rested his cheek on his chest and Mew cradled him in his arms.

"As much as I would want you to stay here, you should go back to your friends. Tong is probably freaking out without his lead singer".

Mew smiled, the truth closer than he thought. "He's not a bad singer. He can manage".

Gulf shook his head, nailing his eyes on his. "Hey, I already told you. I don't want to keep you from your dreams". Mew sighed, looking conflicted. "I promise to keep you updated. No more secrets".

Mew leaned a little closer, kissing the tip of his nose. "There's no way I can argue with a cute face like that".

Gulf smiled even brighter. "This cute face needs a kiss, though. Unless his boyfriend is not attracted to him anym..". Mew didn't even let him finish, pressing his lips to Gulf's instantly. Gulf let out a giggle, pulling him closer than ever.