Chapter Twenty-Eight

Another month and a half had passed and Gulf had recovered against all odds thanks to a lot of physical therapy and, of course, his stubbornness. Being able to walk alone without any help was such a blessing, he almost forgot what it felt like. And he was happy, because going back to play soccer was no longer a distant dream. Needless to say, he had to take it easy but it was more than he'd hoped for. Since he had no classes all day, Gulf decided to take the opportunity to relax a bit on the beach. He quickly unrolled his towel on the sand and laid down on it, his eyes facing the sea. It was all so peaceful that Gulf was almost falling asleep, when he suddenly felt a hand on his back. He didn't have time to panick, because a smiling Mew kneeled before him, stroking his hair just like he always loved to. "What...? You're not supposed to be home for another week".

He actually didn't care about the reason why he was there, because seeing him right in front of him felt like a miracle. "They cancelled the closing concert and I couldn't wait anymore, I took a last-minute flight".

Gulf smiled so much his cheeks were about to explode. "Did you miss me that much?".

They grinned at each other. "I bet you didn't miss me at all. You had Mild and your teammates in your room every time I called you and...".

Gulf cut him short with a kiss, both of them ending up falling to the ground. Mew ached to feel him pressed against him but Gulf left him wanting with a smirk. "Does that answer your question?".

Mew bit his lip, caressing his boyfriend's cheek with his thumb. "You know, I always loved the beach. It's one of my absolute favourite spots. But since I met you...it has become even more special".

Gulf stayed close to his face, nailing his eyes on his. "Why's that?".

Mew moved his hands on Gulf's back, pulling him even closer. "Do you really have to ask?". Obviously he could not forget about their very first time right there at the beach. It felt like another life, they've been through a lot together since then. "You know, that one night stand...best decision of my life".

Mew's words got under his skin and the way he was looking at him was making him shiver. "Mine too".

Gulf removed his top and tossed it onto the sand while looking at Mew, who visibly swallowed before his boyfriend's initiative. "What are you doing?".

Gulf grinned, unbottoning his shirt too. "I'm in the mood for a swim".

Gulf took his hand and dragged him into the water with him. Gulf swept his free hand through the waves, sending a cascade of water crashing into Mew. "Hey!".

Mew laughed, splashing right back at him while trying to get closer. When he finally got his hands on Gulf's hips, he brushed his lips against his neck, his hand running along his chest. "Is swimming all you want to do?".

Gulf shook his head, his eyes closed. When he finally opened them again, he placed a hand on Mew's cheek, guiding his lips to his for an urgent kiss. On instinct, Mew grabbed Gulf by his shoulders, their hands all over each other's bodies. A murmur of satisfaction escaped Gulf's throat when Mew nudged his head to the side, nibbling the delicate skin of his neck. Gulf moved his hands to his back, grazing his nails against his skin in response. And when Mew's hands teased their way between Gulf's legs, they suddenly didn't care about anyone seeing them, just like their first time.

When they finally started moving against each other, it was like Mew's lips and touches were igniting him. He could also hear Mew's heart beating so hard while leaving wild and steamy kisses on his neck and shoulders. Their hips were grinding together, deliciously in sync.

Everything about Mew - the scent, the feel, the taste - was almost too much for him to handle. He knew it was the same for Mew too by the way he was breathing hard against his ear, not holding it back in the least. Gulf threw his head back, running his fingers through his hair as a wave of warmth built inside him.

"I could get used to these welcome-home hook ups" Gulf teased him,making room for Mew in his beach towel.

Mew pulled him closer and wrapped him in his loving arms. "I missed you so much. I don't think I can do this distance thing anymore".

He brushed his lips against his neck, sniffing it in an intimate way. Gulf smiled, gently kissing his hair. Then Mew looked into his eyes, trying to get his attention. "I loved how you pushed me to follow my dream. But that's the thing about dreams: they're always changing. And right now the only thing I dream about is you".

Mew's words took his breath away and all Gulf could do was hugging him as tight as possible, as if he was afraid of letting him go. "You're...unbelievable". Gulf could feel his eyes getting watery and Mew cupped his face in his hands, ready to wipe his tears with his thumbs.

After cuddling for a good half an hour, Mew forced himself to get up, not wanting to spend the rest of the night in the cold. "C'mon babe. Let's go home".

He took his boyfriend's hand, helping him to get on his feet. However, there was something still bugging Gulf, something he needed to get out of his system once and for all. "Hey, Mew".

His boyfriend turned to look at him, waiting for him to talk. "Yeah?".

Seeing his smile was giving him the courage to finally say it out loud. "You know I love you, right?".

A series of emotions passed over his eyes, until he finally answered: "Yeah, I know. I love you too".

Gulf took one last look at the beach, the same beach which had witnessed the beginning of their messed up but ultimately extraordinary love story. He was grateful for everything. The good times and the bad ones. He had no idea if it was going to last or not. The only thing he certain of was that he wanted - more than anything in the whole world - for them to stay like that for a very long, long time.

---------------

Hello my dear readers! We have reached the end of another story (don't mind me, crying in a corner). I hope you liked this story and I hope you fell in love with the characters just as much as they did. I love you all and I want to thank you for keeping me company. As usual, this isn't a goodbye: I just started another MewGulf AU called "Just Friends", make sure to check it out and let me know in the comments if you like it!