Chapter Seven

Gulf had that stupid smile on his face, again. He needed to study, but how could he when Mew kept sending him flirty messages. He was probably lucky he wasn't in his room already, trying to change his mind, considering they lived in the same floor. But he needed to show some self-restraint and play hard to get. Also, he really needed to study.

"Mew, c'mon. We have already arranged everything. You can't back out now. Or Tong will cry". Gulf heard the sound of a slap on the back of someone's neck. Probably Run. "I don't cry".

Gulf stood up, curious all of a sudden to know what was going on down the hall. When he opened the door and leaned against it, he saw the usual squad, trying their best to convince Mew to get out of the room. Gulf let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head slightly in endearment. They were all so different, but they really cared about him and it showed. Why the hell was he thinking about that now?

"Gulf?".

He almost tripped at the sound of Tong's voice, mostly because he just got caught in the middle of his eavesdropping. Not so smooth, Gulf. He tried to act cool, catching the glimmer of a smirk on Mew's lips. "I thought I heard voices, so...". He pushed his glasses up his nose, feeling self-conscious. Oh God, the glasses.

"You wear glasses?" Run was shocked, while Mew and Tong were studying him. "Cute". Gulf bit his lip, trying hard not to blush at Mew's shameless compliment. "Well, what are you guys doing here?".

Run gave up his attempt to tease him, suddenly excited about something else. "We're kidnapping this guy for the weekend to celebrate his birthday".

His birthday? Gulf had no idea. Mew glanced at him, catching the surprise in his eyes. "I've already told you, I have other plans...".

But Run could not take no for an answer: "If with plans you mean him, you don't have to worry...we have plenty of room for him too".

Gulf's eyes popped, not expecting to be included in their little celebration. Also, Mew clearly left out this detail during their texting, so he probably didn't want him to know. "Oh, I don't want to intrude, and I have so much to stud...".

Run placed his hands on his shoulders, smirking. "Sorry, that came out wrong. I wasn't asking. Hurry, we'll leave in 15 minutes. You too, Mew. I want your ass downstairs or I'll come back and I'll drag you myself. Well, probably with Tong's help. But I mean it".

Exactly an hour later, Gulf could finally get out of the car, escaping everyone's questions or little jokes about the nature of his relationship with Mew. It didn't help that they were actually going to a hotel for three days. Gulf's jaw dropped seeing how exclusive and fancy the place was. "You guys...".

Tong laughed, seeing his reaction. "Only the best for Mew. Also, my aunt owns the place, so we got a fair price, all things considered".

Gulf felt guilty, considering they didn't ask him to give his share of money. He probably couldn't affort it anyway. "So...why are we in a hotel? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sleeping a little more comfortable for once".

Gulf tried not to look at Mew, even if he was feeling his gaze on him. "You're about to find out".

Saint was probably the one who planned it, because everyone was waiting for his instructions. "But first things first. Here's your keys, on your bed you'll find the outfit for tonight. Gulf, come with me".

Confused, Gulf followed his friend. "I didn't know if you were coming or not, so your outfit is in my room. Which is yours now, by the way. I'll probably end up in Zee's room anyway".

Gulf laughed, it was refreshing to see him so open about his relationship. In high school, he was a lot more discreet. It made sense, considering he witnessed first hand what had happened to Gulf.