Chapter 299: Wei Wei Sang A Song

The people at the tea house had been listening with fascination.

Once the song ended, Yun Biluo stood up gracefully with a posture like the willows, similar to youthful beauty, receiving a round of applause.

The more Chen Yifeng listened, the more he thought that their boss was in a difficult position. He directed his glance at least twice toward Helian Wei Wei with concern.

Their boss was still able to display martial practice, but singing… he could not even imagine seeing her singing. Would it not scare people off?

Hei Zhu also sneaked a peek at Helian Wei Wei. She smiled with satisfaction as she said to Yun Biluo, “Elder sister, your skills are getting more captivating than before. Next time, no one would dare to play musical instruments and sing in front of you anymore!”

Yun Biluo revealed a smile. “That’s enough, Hei Zhu. You’re exaggerating with your compliments.”

“I’m telling the truth. If you don’t believe it, you can ask Young Master Lie.” Hei Zhu turned her gaze on Nangong Lie. “He really is someone who knows how to enjoy the rhythm in qin music.”

Of course, Nangong Lie was someone who knew how to relish the rhythm in qin music, but in such a situation, it caused his curled thin lips to feel a sense of coldness.

Yun Biluo was afraid that Nangong Lie would overthink, thus, she quickly dragged Hei Zhu back. She laid her clear eyes on Helian Wei Wei as though it was able to gently form ripples of water in her eyes. “It’s your turn, Lady Wei Wei.”

Hei Zhu held her tongue, but she showed an expression as if they were meant to win.

Helian Wei Wei did not turn her gaze to Hei Zhu. She picked up the guqin. Instead of playing it, she flipped it with one hand, allowing one side to be supported on the ground and another to be lifted vertically off the ground which was just right for her to hold it in her hands.

“No way! Don’t tell me she doesn’t even know how to carry the guqin?”

As everyone broke into laughter due to Helian Wei Wei’s action,

suddenly, a low-pitched voice emerged from the throat…

“The wind blew the crystalline snowflakes

Dying our hair into white

Reminiscing about our thoughts of conquering the world together

Could you still remember

The summer that year

We made boundless wishes

Hand in hand we boarded the boat

To cross the river of sadness”

Helian Wei Wei’s voice had always been denser than other girls’. Moreover, she was having her period now, hence, it added a trace of hoarseness to her voice.

Basically, it sounded as such since the first word came out of her mouth.

She managed to grab everyone’s attention.

Not just the others, but even Nangong Lie’s eyes flashed through a glimpse of astonishment.

That tune, that voice had never existed!

At that moment, a humming could suddenly be heard from upstairs, echoing with Helian Wei Wei’s tune.

Helian Wei Wei paused for an instant, and looked upstairs, bumping into the pair of Gemini-like eyes.