488-491

Chapter 488: Overpowering With Rank?

Helian Wei Wei pinched his little tiger-like face and she too felt the same, “Your Third Brother is an odd one.”

With an eminent aura surrounding him, Baili Jia Jue glanced at the adult and the child who were behind him, and he said with his mild tone, “Both of you know the consequences for letting me hear another comment of myself.”

The adult and the child were immediately uptight.

“He heard us?”

“He can still hear us even like this?”

“Third Brother is insane.”

“Yes, he is indeed…”

The shadow guard’s lips twitched. The conversation between the young master and the princess consort was too loud.

There would be no reason for not overhearing them when they were that rowdy…

Were they not afraid of offending Master?

The shadow guard lowered his gaze and said, “Your Highness, should I remind the Princess Consort?”

Hearing that, Baili Jia Jue looked at the shadow guard coldly, “Remind about what?”

“No, nothing.” The shadow guard had a hunch that the man was not pleased and dared not continue. He understood the position that the princess consort had in His Highness’ heart. He then respectfully bowed his head.

Baili Jia Jue averted his gaze and walked past the shadow guard. His eyes were twinkling like an ocean of stars as he lowered his head to look at Helian Wei Wei. He subsequently held out his hand. His deep voice was like that of a fine instrument, effortlessly bewitching whoever that heard it, “Let’s go, my lord, to the second game…”

When Helian Wei Wei saw the unapparent arc on the corner of his lips, she knew that someone was going to be unlucky again. Yet, she was more than happy to join hands with His Highness.

She slid her hand into his palm and with a tug, their fingers intertwined.

Little Seventh Prince tagged along behind them. A meat bun was dangling from his mouth as he eyed everyone with vigor.

The people in the yamen did not know the reason why a child was around. The yamen runners found it unusual, so they kept looking behind their back.

The interrogation officially started. It was possibly the biggest case in Fuping County in a hundred years. Imperial officials from various counties had gathered, not to mention that Helian Wei Wei was seated among the four lords from the provincial capitals.

The amount of pressure one had to withstand in order to conduct the trial for the case was intense!

However, Helian Wei Wei was composed, appearing indifferent like how she usually was.

Private Advisor Long who was beside her was cloaked in a prominent aura. It was as if he had spent years in the imperial court. With the air that he had set off, he seemed more like an imperial official than the four lords of the provincial capitals.

Private Advisor Zhang still could not get over the fact that the former had taken over his place. He furiously glared at Baili Jia Jue and spat in his heart. When that Lord Wei was out of the way, he doubted that the man with nothing but looks would be able to flaunt any longer!

Baili Jia Jue was a private advisor brought in by Helian Wei Wei. It was obvious that she would bring him around, especially during the interrogation.