442-446

Chapter 442: Assuming That Sending A Letter Would...?

Letters were something eunuchs in charge of arranging the Imperial Household Affairs would come across on a daily basis. The envelope only had three words written on it which were 'Helian Wei Wei'.

The eunuch did not know what to do with this letter, as he was, in fact, illiterate, so he passed it to Eunuch Sun.

Eunuch Sun was probably the only literate person amongst all the other palace servants.

Originally he thought to pass it directly to Baili Jia Jue, but before he even had the chance to move, Helian Wei Wei grabbed the letter from his hands.

"Princess, Princess Consort?" Eunuch Sun was momentarily speechless, then signaled for the other eunuchs to leave first.

Helian Wei Wei's supple fingers scraped the envelope, her lips curved into a smile, then she glanced at him. She opened the letter right in front of Eunuch Sun and began reading it.

Nothing much was written in the letter, the content was merely the conversation between the Retired Emperor and Baili Jia Jue the other day.

From the question posed by the Retired Emperor to Baili Jia Jue, asking what he would do if she was possessed to Baili Jia Jue answering the question, saying that if it was true, he would not easily let her off and would not take her seriously anymore, and so on and so forth. Regardless of whether it was important or trivial, all the details of their conversation were written in the letter.

Helian Wei Wei opened this letter right in front of Eunuch Sun, thus, he could not help but swiftly sweep his eyes over it. Upon finishing the letter, he turned panicked, and thus, he blurted out, "Which b*stard who is unable to tolerate others living in comfort and ease did this to pick a fight? Somebody quick, help me to burn this letter off!"

As Eunuch Sun was speaking, he was also sizing up the countenance of Helian Wei Wei.

He was once again startled.

He could not guess what the Princess Consort was thinking to do.

That day when His Highness was having this conversation, he was also there.

He heard two sentences by accident, and now he had totally forgotten what His Highness had mentioned that day.

No one would have thought that someone would actually take note of such things and show it to the princess consort; it really was an evil thought!

He himself had witnessed how the two of them had been through all this while to reach this point. It was tough for His Highness to finally find someone he liked this much and willing to dote on wholeheartedly.

He really did not dare to imagine, if His Highness were to lose the Princess Consort, would the entire palace have to pay for the price too?

What he and the Retired Emperor did not want to see the most would be that His Highness would fall victim to the ways of evil magic one day because of having a cold-blooded natural disposition. As he was extremely worried that trouble would ensue, he quickly advised, "Princess Consort, you should not listen to the crazed ramblings of these people. Those who could write such a letter to you are obviously thinking of something else. Princess Consort, you better let this old slave handle it as such a dirty thing should never have been seen by the Princess Consort anyway, and on His Highness's part, even if he had said such things, he definitely did not mean them in this way, His Highness, he..."

"I know." Helian Wei Wei softly smiled, as though she saw the worry in Eunuch Sun's appearance, and teasingly said, "Eunuch Sun, you really are more worried about this than your own affairs."