Chapter I- The First Day

I heard strange noises coming from down the hall. I rolled over on the bed in my room, checking the time- 3 am. Who could possibly be awake at 3 am. Reluctantly, I got up from my bed, pulled on my iconic black hoodie, crept over to my bedroom door and opened it by merely 10 centimetres to see if I could see anything. I  couldn't see anything, or hear anything, for that matter. I closed my door and went back to my bed. There was no point in even attempting to get any sleep, as I had never been able to. Not in a few years anyway. I groped around in the darkness for my headphones to listen to some music.

A few hours later, I checked the time again, this time it was 6. The others should be up,soon. I thought to myself, so I headed to the bathroom to do my hair and apply my porcelain foundation. Once I had covered my entire face, to the point that i looked like I'd never been outside, I put on my black eyeshadow. Once I was happy with how I looked, I headed back towards my bedroom door. I grabbed a cup and listened carefully- I had arrived quite late the previous evening, so naturally, nobody was aware of my arrival. 

I heard one door open, probably the one next door to mine. It was closely followed by a second door, probably across from the first door.

'Salutations, Patton.' said a voice.

'Good morning, Logan!' came a second, more enthusiastic sounding voice, apparently belonging to someone called Patton.

Then a third door opened, followed by a very regal, perhaps royal sounding voice.

'Wonderful day, isn't it?'

'Morning, Roman!' came the voice of Patton.

'Greetings,' Logan said, sounding rather dull.

'Why is there another door?' asked Roman.

'Well, isn't it obvious?' replied Logan, 'Whilst we were all asleep, a new person has moved into this camp, and as a result of this, they will require somewhere to stay, hence the new door, probably leading to a new dormitory.'

'YAY! NEW ROOMIE!!!' Patton squealed, 'I'm going to go and make pancakes to celebrate, i hope they like pancakes!' Patton's footsteps faded.

'I am going to review my vocabulary cards in the library, if you'd like to join me.' said Logan.

'Ha! Me? Go to the library? I have much better things to do with my time.' replied Roman, as his footsteps faded.

'I highly doubt that halfwit would have anything to do at all,' Logan muttered to himself as his footsteps finally faded.

This is going to be a long day...... I sighed to myself.