Chapter XII- 'I Can't Lie Anymore.'

Ugh! I hate keeping secrets from people, especially Patton. It has been a month of pretending that I didn't like Princey, and that he didn't like me. I knew we were only acting, but when I'd say something and he'd pretend he hadn't heard it, like he would before we dated, really hurt me. It felt like he was ripping away chunks of my heart, every day, until we'd have our late night movie sessions, when everything was fixed again.

The part I hated most was that I had to wait until the others weren't looking to even glance at Roman without a look of hatred and scorn. It was the same thing for him, though I seemed more bothered by it than he was. I couldn't talk to him about it, because he seemed happy, and I didn't want to ruin that for him. I wanted to talk to him, and I wanted to tell him that I wasn't happy, but, surprise, surprise, I was to anxious. 

I knew deep down that I wasn't ever going to be happy with how things were unless I changed it, so I decided that tonight, whilst we were watching a movie in my room, I would tell him.

-LATER THAT DAY-

The  dreadful day was finally over, and I would be able to see my Prince, and enjoy it. 

I stood up from the dinner table, excusing myself with another fake, angsty excuse (this time I needed to "go and allow the depression to take over me" as if it hadn't already).

Shortly after, Princey arrived. 

'Which movie do you want to watch tonight?' He asked, closing the door, then kissing me.

'What's your favourite movie?' I asked.

'Virgil, baby, we've been over this, I like them all, pick which one you want.'

'Phantom of the opera?' I asked him, holding up the dvd case.

'Sure,' he took it from me, to put it in the DVD player. I sat on the bed, cleared my throat.

'Uh, R-Ro? I need to tell you something,' I started.

'Is everything alright? Did I do something wrong? What happened?' He was beginning to get worried.

'I- I'm just a little.... how do I put it? Uncomfortable with how things are,' I said. I looked down, not maintaining the courage I had at the start.

'W- Why?' Roman asked.

'I can't lie to Patton and Logan anymore, and it's really upsetting me that I have to act like I don't care about you,' I told him.

'Oh, Virge, how long have you felt uncomfortable?' He put his arm around my shoulder as he sat down next to me, comforting me.

'Only a couple of weeks, I would've told you but you seemed happy, and I didn't want to ruin that for you,' I admitted.

'I can't be happy if you're not really happy,' he pulled me closer to him, and I rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head. 'We can tell them if you want to.'

'Really, you'd do that for me?' I asked.

'I'd do anything for you, baby,' He told me, resting his head on mine, 'now let's watch the movie.'

'I love you, Ro.' I hugged him tight.

He kissed my head and hugged me tight too, 'I love you too.'

It was a good thing my room was soundproofed, as we were screaming the songs at the top of our voices. Phantom of the Opera has good music, okay?

We also reenacted a few scenes, and when we weren't doing either of those things, we were appreciating each others presence. We made out through most of the movie, and when it was finished, I headed to the bathroom, to take out my contacts, and I asked Roman to close his eyes when I came back in, so he wouldn't have to look at my naturally icy blue irises.

I got into bed, laying on Roman and fell asleep.