Chapter XXI- The Prank

Roman sounded the air horn, and I threw water over my dad.

Logan tried to sit up at lightning speed, but hit his head on the table instead. We told him to shut up and watch Patton.

Dad growled at me and then I told him just to watch Patton's reaction.

Patton sat up, attempting to look around. 'Hello.....? Is anyone there?' He said.

'Is this some kind of nightmare?' He asked, 'Who's there? Have I been kidnapped?'

We were all trying so hard not to laugh, and the guilt was slowly creeping in, as Patton got more and more worried. 'Hello? Help! Someone help me!' 

I clicked my fingers and a camera appeared in the corner, filming the next part. I clicked my fingers again and everything used for the pranks, the water, the bucket, the table, the books, and Patton's blindfold vanished. Everything was fine.

At the same time as all of that, me and my prank-pulling-buddy were teleported to my room, where I'd set up a computer, linked directly to the camera, so we could see everything going on. I   told Roman to watch the computer for any of them leaving the room, and that "duck" meant Patton, "cuckoo" meant Dad, and "eagle" meant Logan. I cast a locking charm on my door, and reinforced every wall and door in my room.

'CUCKOO, DUCK AND EAGLE ARE ALL FLYING THEIR NEST!' Ro yelled, panicked.

'Click shift' I told him, and when he did, the screen flicked to another camera I'd hidden in the hallway, which showed the stairs, hallway and my door.

I turned to the laptop on my bed, connected to a third camera in the kitchen. When they enter the kitchen, and find all of the food we got, we would teleport in there, and apologise for the pranks, and that we'd got them breakfast to make up for it. 

Nobody went to the kitchen, so I took the laptop over to the computer desk, so we could see both at all times. After about 30 seconds, all three of them appeared in the hallway, and came straight for my door. They knocked and yelled at us through the locked, reinforced object between us, 'what was that for?' 

My room was still soundproofed, so I scribbled a note and quickly shoved it under the door. It read, 'meet us in the kitchen, and please don't be mad at us. -V+R'

We watched them read it on the computer, and heard them debating whether or not to trust us. Eventually they did and they headed to the kitchen. We got there before they did, which was good.

We waited by the table. When they arrived merely a minute later, we began apologising.

'Sorry, guys, but we just couldn't resist. But, before we did that, we went to the best bakery/coffee shop in the city and got breakfast, to make up for what we were going to do.' We told them.

'Awwwww, thanks guys, you're forgiven,' said Patton.

'Thanks for removing all of the water, I didn't bring a change of clothes,' Dad said, rubbing the back of his neck.

'My head still hurts, but you are forgiven,' Logan said.

'Oh, right sorry,' I walked over to him, 'is it your forehead?' I asked.

He nodded in response, 'why?'

I put my palm to his forehead, and said, 'look me in the eyes, and do not look away until I tell you to. Also, focus on the pain in your head.'

'What are you doing?' He asked, I was forgetting that he didn't know I was a wizard.

'Just do what I say, I'll explain after,' I told him, he sighed then agreed.

'Spiritus invoco. Invoco fratribus terra venti ignem aquam solem lunam laesa curare salvos deperditi et hanc esse de via mala.' I muttered. 

I took my palm from Logan's head and asked him if he felt any better.

'Yes...... but what did you do?' For the first time, I was looking at Logan, and he was confused.

'Well,' I sighed,  'since everybody else here already knows, I'm a wizard. For further information, please see either my Dad, Roman or Patton. Thank you have a nice day.' I said sarcastically, smiling. I then took an iced coffee and left the room.

'What was that? Virgil is a wizard?' Logan said, shortly after I left. 

I could hear everybody explaining to him, and then Dad saying he was going to come and see if I was okay, so I teleported back to my room, snapped my fingers to vanish all of the computers, put on my headphones, put on my My Chemical Romance playlist and began listening to Welcome To The Black Parade. I got comfortable on my bed and heard a knock. 

'Come in, I guess,' I called.

'Hey, son..... you okay?' Dad asked.

'Do you want the cover-up or the truth?' I replied.

'The truth, please. Oh, and to make this a little more fun, you can only answer with the title of a song. Bonus points if you can name the artist,' he smiled, closing the door and coming to sit with me on the bed.

'I'm not okay (I promise) by My Chemical Romance.' I didn't look at him, but the ground instead.

'Aw, son, it'll Be Alright,' he told me comfortingly.

'I didn't know you listened to Dean Lewis,' I said.

'Anywho, is there anything I can do to help?' He asked, putting his arm around me.

'I can think of one thing, but first, Dad, I need to tell you why I got so upset.' I started.

'I've told all three people in this household, and all for a good reason, but every time it has upset  me, and it's all because of Her.' I told him.

'Oh, Virge, you don't mean?' He didn't even need to finish that sentence.

'Yvette,' I said simply.

'Oh, Virge, no wonder you got so upset...'

'I miss her, Dad.' I started to cry into his shoulder as he hugged me.

'I miss her too....... and we always will, it's part of life.' He told me.