Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
Wicked White Witch

Word Count: 1.7k

Susan released the arrow, it hitting the far edge of the second circle. She sighed in frustration, lowering her bow.

"Remember, Susan," Melody says, twirling her staff a little. "You have to trust in the bow."

She rolled her eyes. "I know. It's not as easy as you think."

Melody lifted her staff and pointed it at the middle of the target. She had the idea of trying to throw it, like a javelin, but the staff had a different plan. A stream of water shot out from the end, not quite reaching the target.

Her eyes widen, not expecting that to happen. "How...?" She asked herself, looking at the weapon in her hand.

Lucy had been standing off to the side as she watched the older girls. "Cool!" She said with a giggle.

Melody quickly snapped out of her dumbfounded state when she heard the sound of horses neighing, their hooves galloping, and swords clanking against each other.

"Come on, Ed. Swordpoint up." Peter told his brother, riding on the back of a unicorn. "Just like Oreius showed us."

"En garde!" Edmund says.

"Now block." Peter continues to explain.

They keep fighting, Peter getting the upper hand.

"Hey!" Edmund complained, but those complaints were short-lived.

"Peter! Edmund!" Mr. Beaver came running over to the boys.

Edmund's horse got scared by the beaver and started to buck a little. "Whoa, horsie!"

The horse went back down on all fours. "My name is Philip."

"Oh, sorry." He replied a bit sheepishly.

Mr. Beaver shook off that conversation, continuing to talk about why he rushed to them. "The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here."

They all couldn't believe it. Peter and Edmund hopped off their horses as a faun came over and took the reins from the boys, taking the horses back to the stables.

The five made their way through a crowd formed in front of Aslan's tent.

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!" One of the Witch's subjects announced. 

There was a path laid out where the Witch was carried through. The Narnians that surrounded her booed her and wished aloud for her to be gone.

Aslan sat down out in front of everyone, watching as the Witch approached him.

As she got closer, Melody instinctively grabbed Peter's hand, fear rising in her chest. He gave it a squeeze, but she could feel he was just as afraid.

Jadis stood from her seat and walked forward. Her eyes trailed on Edmund for a moment before looking back to Aslan. "You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." She cheekily stated. Gasps sounded from Narnians and the boy slowly hung his head. 

"His offense was not against you." Aslan pointed out.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?"

Aslan growled. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written."

Jadis seemed pleased by his angry reaction. "Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property."