Chapter Seven (II)

Chapter Seven (II)
Telmarines, Tell Me More

Word Count: 1.4k

Melody flinched a little, shutting her eyes tightly. 

"I'm sorry, my Lady." The faun's voice was quiet as she spoke as if scared to be any louder.

She shook her head and opened her eyes, offering her as soft as a smile as she could muster up. "I should be apologizing to you - I've been a terrible patient." She sighed a little. "Thank you."

She nodded and quickly finished up her job before rushing off to do other work.

Melody inspected her arms. The faun did quite a good job wrapping the cuts. No blood leaked through, probably because they stopped bleeding after the whole encounter with Jadis.

She finally had some time to herself to change out of her torn and bloodied dress. She cleaned herself up and made herself look at least fairly decent. She made herself look like a Queen. As best as she could.

She walked out of her room. She wanted to just take a walk to think, but that plan flew out of her head when a tap was placed on her shoulder.

She turned to see the centaur that saved her. She believed she heard his name was Castor. She smiled up at him. "I don't believe I ever got to properly thank you for saving me."

He bowed his head. "It was an honor of mine, my Lady."

"I have to ask - Do you by any chance know what happened to the staff I was carrying?" She asked, biting her lip a little. She was honestly nervous about the answer. A stupid thing to be nervous about. Just not stupid to her.

He nods, holding out his hand to show her ring in it. "I came to return what is yours."

She smiled and took the ring, quickly sliding it onto her finger. "Thank you so much." She did a little curtsy before scurrying off.

She was wandering around the How again. Her surroundings were something she didn't pay mind to, even when she stepped outside to the bright midday sun. It was full of warmth and relaxation. Something about it made her remember her time with Peter. Time that felt so long ago.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath of fresh air. The air was silent, the only noise coming from the How. The forest was as deathly silent as it had been.

To a normal person, she had only known Peter for a year. The rest of them knew the truth. A truth that was far greater than anything anyone else could ever say.

Voices came up around her, whispering and muttering things she couldn't hear. They came up because there was something coming from the forest. Someone. A whole group of someones. An army.

Melody couldn't stop the gasp that flies past her lips. If she didn't know too much about wars, she would have probably stumbled back in shock.

They were a lot closer than they all had expected.

They had a whole Calvary and set of catapults. Their armor covered their whole entire body, including their faces. They were beyond ready for a war, numbers upon numbers outnumbering the Narnians.

She looked around behind her, trying to see if any of the Pevensies, or even Caspian, saw what was going on. Upon the cliff that was connected to the How, she spotted the four of them along with Caspian, his professor, and Trumpkin.

Susan and Peter gave her a look as a gold-armored man came forth in front of all - Miraz.

Without a second thought, Melody turned around and quickly retreated into the How. She heard the others coming too. She knew exactly where they were going.