Chapter Four (II)

Chapter Four(II)
Set in Stone

Word Count: 1.3k

Melody didn't want to let go of the boy she loved, but the calls of Susan, Edmund, and Lucy broke her devotion to Peter. They came over to her and trapped her in a group hug.

"Guys..." I laughed, suck in the middle of the three siblings. "Can't breath." That was a lie and the truth at the same time.

Susan and Edmund back up a little, but Lucy didn't. Not yet. "We missed you so much."

Melody smiled and hugged Lucy, bending down a little bit. "I missed you all too." 

"Especially Peter." She giggled, pulling away and looking up at her.

She blushed a little, smiling. "Nope. I definitely missed you the most."

A collective "Hey!" came from both Peter and Susan, making the two conversing girls break out into a fit of laughter.

Once the laughter calmed down, Peter came up behind Melody, hugging her from behind. She flinched slightly, the pain from being dragged returning.

His happy demeanor instantly changed to one of worry. "Are you okay?" It was like he forgot she had been dragged by her dress, on her back, for at least 20 seconds.

Melody shook her head, smiling at Peter. "I'm fine. I promise." She didn't want their reunion to be spent worrying about her.

"We should head back to the How." Caspian came out of nowhere, hand resting on the handle of his sword.

She nods, taking Peter's hand. She was hoping they could get some alone time with him once they got back. While they had technically been married for ten years, she still felt shy about kissing him in front of people.

Everyone had gotten word the Kings and Queens were back. Centaurs stood at the entrance of the How, raising their swords for them to walk under. Just like when they were coronated.

Melody paused to let the four ahead of her, but Peter's grip on her hand tightened as he pulled her next to him. "I'm not going without my Queen."

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Oh, but of course, your Majesty." She teased.

The five of them walked into the How, happy to finally be home together. Even if home had changed a lot.

As soon as they walked in, there were Narnians working hard at making armor and weapons. No one was sitting or standing around doing nothing.

Peter looked a little skeptical of the setup, and Caspian picked up on that. "It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible."

He was about to say something when Melody suddenly remembered something. "Oh! There's something I want to show you!" She started to pull him away, Edmund giving both of you a smug look. "I want to show all of you." She said with an eye roll.

Edmund put his hands up in defense. "I'm not gonna intrude on your alone time."

His brother hit him in the arm, earning an, "Ow! What was that for?"

She walked over and grabbed his arm, dragging the brothers along with her. The sisters promptly followed, curious about what could be so interesting. She brought them to where the drawings were first.

Peter had grabbed a torch on his way over. A torch he was moving along the walls to look at the drawings.

"It's us..." Susan said, standing between Edmund and Lucy.