Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen
Kings and Queens of Narnia

Word Count: 2.6k

The armies were fighting back by the rocks within minutes. Arrows flew overheard the Narnians and struck the Witch's forces.

The centaur Melody rode on ended up next to Peter's unicorn. She was thankful for this, as she had wanted to fight right alongside him.

She took this as a moment to say something quick to him before they went back to fighting. "You're doing great, Peter." She couldn't see his face, but she knew he was smiling.

She could hear him ready to say something, but his trusty steed was hit by an arrow and collapsed to the ground. It whined and bucked Peter right off its back.

"Peter!" She called out. The centaur slowed and helped her jump off, rushing over to him. "Are you okay?" She asked, kneeling right by his side.

He grunted as he hit the ground. His helmet had flow off at the impact. He moved to get on his knees, blinking. She helped him, not noticing the incoming Witch.

"She's coming." He muttered as she helped him stand up. That's when she looked over to see the chariot rushing towards them from a distance.

Oreuis and a rhino had come up from behind them, charging at Jadis. Peter yelled at them to stop, but they wouldn't listen. The two could only watch in horror as they made it through her army, only to be turned to stone.

"Peter, come on! We have to continue!" Melody pleaded, tugging lightly on his arm as they watched her take down two hippogriffs as if it were nothing. She was coming for them.

He turned to his brother, who was fighting feet behind them. "Edmund! There's too many! Get out of here!" He moved back a little, stepping away from Melody. "Get Melody and the girls and get them home!" Right then a minotaur attacked him, who he fought off pretty easily.

Melody was dumbfounded at what Peter had just said. "Are you mad?" She called out to him.

Mr. Beaver had somehow made it to them and grabbed Edmund's hand. "You heard him! Let's go!" Edmund moved up to grab her hand, pulling her along with them.

They got a ways away when they paused and watched Peter for a moment. He was being teamed up one, fighting both a cyclops and minotaur. Not too far away, Jadis was fighting her way to him.

Edmund pulled out his sword, ready to fight the Witch. 

"Peter said to get out of here!" Beaver gestured out, looking at the younger boy.

Edmund shook his head, starting on his way down. "Peter's not King yet." He beelined for her.

Melody looked at Beaver and gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry, Mr. Beaver." She fixed the position of her staff in her hand before starting on her way down. She wasn't going to go for Jadis, but she was going to make sure that Peter didn't get too overwhelmed.

A minotaur was coming up behind him so she ran over and distracted the monster. She got it away from him, which wasn't the most thought out plan. She seemed to only get the upper hand when she was on the ground, about to be killed. This time no different. She poked him with her staff, again getting drenched with water.

Just as she got up, Edmund broke the White Witch's staff, a blue light emitting from it. Without hesitation, she disarmed his and stabbed him right in the stomach.