Epilogue (II)

Epilogue (II)
Happily Ever After

Word Count: 1.9k

Melody groaned in frustration as she picked up her pillow and looked under it. "Peter!" She called out, a slight whine in her voice. "Peter!"

"What love?" He asked from the bathroom.

She sighed and threw the pillow down. "I can't find it!" She whined, having to resist the urge to grab her hair.

Peter stepped out of the bathroom and into their room. He was looking quite nice, sporting a white button-up and black slacks. "Can't find what?"

She rolled her eyes a little as if he didn't know. Which he technically didn't. "My ring! I could have sworn I took it off for my shower this morning and set it down on the table here. I may have forgotten it for the rest of the day, but it should be here. I wanted to wear it out on our date night, but I can't find the ring nor the chain. It's like it vanished in thin air!" She huffed, crossing her arms.

It had been six years since they were last in Narnia. Things went sort of back to normal. As normal as they could. As soon as they got out of school, Peter and Melody rented a small apartment and moved in together. They didn't talk much about the future, which upset Melody a little, but she still always wore the engagement ring around her neck.

He chuckled a little and shook his head. "I'm sure it's here somewhere. We can look for it later."

"But it would look so good with this dress." She said as she brushed her hands down the hem of her dress. It was a simple white dress, but the red from the ring would've really popped with it.

He walked over and takes her hands. "It's fine. You already look beautiful."

She smiled a little and shook her head. "But you're going to help me look for it tomorrow."

"I promise." He says before lightly kissing her forehead. "But we have to go now. We don't want to be late."

----

Melody let out a breath, it being visible in the cold winter air. "Do we really have to go for a walk now? It's freezing." She promptly shivered, rubbing her arms up and down.

"It's a brilliant night. Of course we do." Peter answered, wrapping his arm around her waist. He was trying to help warm her up.

She shakes her head a little. "A brilliant night to sit inside by a nice fire to end our wonderful date night."

He copied her in shaking his head. "A brilliant night to go out on a late-night, snowy walk with my brilliant girlfriend after our brilliant date."

She couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips. "I'd say that was one too many 'brilliants.' You should read a dictionary."

"Because my little poet would know about a dictionary."

She scoffed, lightly pushing Peter away from her. She craved his warmth, but she had to stand up for herself. "I'll have you know I use a dictionary every day."

He shook his head again. "You're turning more and more into Susan."

"I know you meant that to be mean, but I'm taking it as a compliment." She said quite matter-of-factly.

He chuckles. "And just for that..." He trails off before gently tackling Melody to the ground, covering her in snow.

"Peter!" She gasped, the breath knocked out of her. "No! I'm gonna be all wet and cold now!" She complained.