chapter 4: you're brighter

Tender kisses on her caramel skin, her soft pink lips grazing upon her open scars her mother left her, it smelled like wet grass, the humidity of the forest making the place a bit foggy.

Adora as a child would always believe that she would become a nurse and help those in need, including her friend Catra.

She had magic kisses that would cure any booboo better than any medicine,, it was Catra's only medicine,, and totally  free.

Adora smiled softly at the brunette and exposed her teeth, along with a missing tooth, Catra found it adorable.

"There,, i know they dont really work but i want you to know that I'll  always be there for you, and that  my magic kisses will always be here." Adora said, she understood  that magic wasn't  real since she's  been doing this for a while and Catra's bruises and cuts didn't  cure overnight,, but she always had a bit of hope that maybe she would meet a fairy, or a princess.

Catra wiped her tears with a grin "thanks Adora." She said hugging the blonde who only hugged back,, they both shared warmth in the cold forest, Catra's cheeks burned a bit but she ignored it.

They sat back up and looked around  them,, dolls tossed and dirty with mud, memories flashed back from the day before,, Adora brought the rest of her toys for them to play,, but of course it rained unexpectedly that day and they didn't  put the toys away.

She seemed unbothered by it,, Angella always bought her new toys or she could always steal Glimmer's.

Catra felt a bit guilty but didn't  mention it, they found the little rings they had when they ate ring pops covered in mud.

Catra laughed a bit and pulled them out of the dirt, with a soak it could be good as new.

Adora smiled and grabbed the one Catra ate from and slid it on her finger, Catra did the same and looked at Adora.

"Hey adora.. have you ever thought of getting married?" She asked breathing out the air she didn't  know she held, observing as it faded already aware of how cold it was.

"Well.. no.. but... yes? Yes.. maybe?.. yes." She said smiling at Catra, when she asked that  Adora's mind went flying  thinking about her and her best friend sharing a home,, and you readers already know who her best friend  is.

Catra also thought about Adora,, having a cat,, a child, a small home, baking, she always thought about it, just the concept of being with her best friend forever, i mean they didn't  have to kiss right..? No Catra felt like she wanted to kiss her anyway,, any child would think that smooching was gross, Catra thought  that smooching was gross... but kissing her best friend?  Thats different.

She has felt Adora's soft lips on her cuts and bruises,, but what about her lips?

Adora has never experienced  being kissed  before, if it wasn't  from her mother and father, she hasn't  been kissed by a boy and she didn't  think it was possible for two girls to kiss.

But there they were, wondering how soft their lips were, how their saliva tasted like, how skilled they were.

Adora found herself leaning towards the brunette who catched on quickly, they were only 8 but that didn't  matter  anymore, they were definitely  going to kiss.

And they did!

It was just very sloppy.

A rather lazy kiss, Catra blushed as she picked onto Adora's minty taste, while Adora was on cloud 9 tasting the sweetness of Catra's lips.