chapter 13: 1 of 12 nights

"You're  right Adora this place is really nice." Jasmine said opening the door for everyone  to walk in.

Adora held the door for Jasmine to walk in and Adora go in last.

"Oh hey Adora."  The waiter said smiling at the blonde, "hey Spinnerella!" Adora smiled waving softly at her.

"I'll  getcha a table, how many people are you here with?" She asked eyeing the women inspecting the place.

"Im with four people." Adora informed, she nodded and took her to a table for four people.

Catra sat down across from Adora and next to Selene, while Jasmine sat down next to Adora.

Spinnerella handed them the menus and walked away for a while.

"So Adora how did you meet Catra anyways?" Jasmine asked trying to make a conversation.

"Oh we were little kids and she bumped into me in the forest." Adora shrugged "what were you doing there anyways?" Catra asked.

"I used to spend  time alone there, i wasn't  bothered by your presence though." Adora shrugged reading a few meals from the table.

"Thats so sweet! Selene and i met in highschool and we ran away from our homophobic parents." Jasmine laughed.

"I got a full time job at a bar and Jasmine was studying law." Selene informed "once we had enough money we got a house and saved enough money, then we decided to have children and we found an orphanage."

"So we went there and we immidiately liked Catrina, though  she was a bit salty and rude we took her home." Jasmine chuckled, "oh yeah she called me a boomer." Selene wheezed.

Adora laughed and Catra rolled her eyes "i genuinely did not like adults." She stated "still dont but you two have a free pass." Catra smirked.

"It took Catra a while  to warm up but we're still proud of how much shes done." Jasmine smiled

Catra looked back down at the menu with a small blush on her cheeks, her moms loved telling her when they were proud, and it actually boosted her confidence.

Adora did notice this and it would warm her heart every time, she wanted Catra to know she was appreciated.

"Do you guys have everything planned?" Spinnerella said approaching the table with a notebook.

They all ordered their meals immidiately, Spinnerella nodded and pushed the menus in her apron before walking away.

She checked in the order and went to talk to Netossa and informed her of Adora's presence at the store, then went back to work.

Netossa stood up from her table and approached Adora's who was talking with Catra's family.

"Hey Adora you missed school today," Netossa said crossing her arms expecting a explanation from Adora.

"Well i accidentally  got a cold and stayed with my friend Catra and her parents." Adora introduced  guesturing to the rest of the people at the table.

Jasmine and Selene waved momentarily while Catra looked up from her phone "hey." She stated before turning her attention back to her device.

"Well at lunch Glimmer was super uptight! You should've told her." Netossa frowned, she was right, Glimmer was rambling about how Adora was being too rebellious for her well being.

"Oh i mean i dont want her to worry but i kinda dont want to tell her either.." Adora shrugged.

"Well i wont tell her but if you dont and keep this up for a while i am going to." Netossa nodded before walking away from the table.

"Whos Glimmer?" Selene asked playing with the paper towels.

"My adoptive sister, i haven't really came out to her yet..." Adora scratched the back of her neck and gesturing to Catra.

"Maybe it would be a better idea to introduce Catra to her as a friend at first? I understand the dangers of coming out so once you're sure that you're  ready then you can try." Jasmine added smacking Selene's hand softly, signaling her to stop playing with the paper.

"I think she'd overreact at this point..? Im not sure what to do." Adora same shamefully and covering her face with her hands.

"Maybe you should the brighter side of this? Maybe Glimmer would feel better if you just told her whats  going on, she's  obviously concerned and i cant blame her, as teenagers we can be very reckless and make weird decisions without thinking about the consequences of it, its better if you do this sooner." Jasmine assured

"Yeah,, i guess i need time to process?" Adora said fiddling with her fingers.

"Thats completely fine Adora, as long as you feel comfortable." Selene smiled, it eventually became contagious as the rest of the table smiled, for Adora and for themselves.

"Thanks." Adora smiled letting her hands rest, Catra grabbed her phone and took a quick photo of the entire table and posted it on her Instagram.

She didn't  have much there, she almost hated posting pictures of herself but this was a moment worth sharing.

Everyone was unaware of the selfie but were smiling. while a quarter of Catra's face was at the bottom corner staring into the camara .

She posted it on her story, tagging both of her moms, she didn't  have Adora's profile though.

She checked her notifications.

Profiles you might know:.. Ad.ora.. gingerhazing.. etc.

"Bingo," Catra mumbled before checking Adora's profile.

She saw a wild amount of horses  first of all, selfies with the rest of her friends, and sometimes a bit of sports.

Catra smirked, her page was certainly weird.

She followed her and tagged her righr after, earning a small buzz from Adora's phone.

She knew she wouldn't  check it now, something about table manners or whatever.

It was true, Adora found it disrespectful to use her phone at the dinner table, Catra raised an eyebrow at that, literally everytime she eats dinner with her family she pulls her phone out at least once.

Soon the food came and everyone was thrilled "it looks just like the pic-!" Selene said drooling over her order.

"You were right Adora i think we can eat here often." Jasmine beamed before stuffing her mouth.

"It looks good." Catra smirked putting down her phone, Adora smiled at their reactions and beamed at Spinnerella.

"Thanks a lot." She smiled, Spinnerella nodded and walked over to Netossa once more.

Adora could say that this night was successful.

-----------------

After a bit of procrastination the chapter was finished and ready to publish.