chapter 18: anxiety

Catra couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched, everyone gets that feeling right? When you sleep, at school, with your girlfriend, it should be normal..

Catra continued pushing her skateboard with one leg as she drifted across the street to another sidewalk, glancing for a second to the left the back to the right.

A flash almost blinded her, she became  a bit unbalanced but continued the path, her feet uncomfortable on the skateboard. she  felt a cold breeze and suddenly it became even colder, she was almost  freezing at the point when she arrived home, maybe she should've accepted Adora's offer for a ride.

"Hey mom, mama." Catra said waving at her parents who waved back "welcome back honey." Jasmine smiled letting her hand down and focusing on the TV once more, while Selene muttered a quick "hi".

Catra walked up the stairs, her skateboard in hand, once she arrived to her room she shut the door with a long sigh following quick after.

She was feeling disturbed and unsettled, she glanced out the window before shutting the curtain, making sure she didn't  see anything of the outside world, if she couldn't  see, neither would they.. The pair of eyes stalking her,, or maybe shes just being paranoid.

Catra wasn't  the skittish type, but something about the feeling never felt right, and it felt worse than it should.

Its not like she had her brief moments of feeling watched during her younger years, but i guess it just felt more.. intense?

She stripped off her clothing as fast as she could and slid on a pair of shorts and an oversized hoodie.

She gazed upon her surroundings once more, before being consumed into her phone for the next few hours for the night, wishing that maybe, that feeling could go.

But it didnt.

Catra felt like she was going insane, she shut off her phone, 3:00am she couldn't sleep.

She stared at the darkness of the ceiling, seeing a tiny bit of the white paint from the light peeking from her window.

Right, the curtain keeps on moving..

Catra sat up, her ankles cracking as she walked on the carpeted floor, walking carefully around the room, from her bed to the window.. it wasn't so hard.

She felt something crunch beneath her foot and prayed that it wasnt a bug, too afraid to even lift her foot.

Eventually she gained the courage to continue walking, thankfully she didnt feel anything stuck to her foot.

Her ears rung as she shut the curtain, preparing for her journey back to her bed.

She heard each footstep she took, each of them filling her with more and more anxiety, each step making her heart pound, surely she would arrive to her bed before eventually passing out.

She's stayed awake for longer periods of time, why was it today specifically when she started to black out before reaching her bed.

Avoiding the area where she felt the thing under her foot, she circled  around it and finally reached her bed.

She laid down, slowly lifting the blanket over her body, she shut her eyes, it seemed like hours passed by and she still couldn't  fall asleep, she checked the time again.

3:15... seriously? Only 15 minutes passed... she shut her phone off with a sigh, tonight  was going to be a long night and maybe she should just accept the fact that she wasn't  going to sleep tonight.

She turned her phone back on, the brightness stinging her eyes quickly before adjusting, Catra opened Adora's contact, hesitant, she knew the blonde  loved having a decent amount of sleep, she wouldn't  want to interrupt that, but she was just so utterly bored, she squinted her eyes and started typing, begrudgingly.

Meowmeow: Dora... u awake?

With a sigh she pressed send, her ears ringing louder each second as she waited  for Adora to respond.

Adora-ble
Last online: tue, Aug, 24th at 10:34pm
Contact info--

That wasn't  long ago right? Only a few hours ago.. hope started to drain from Catra's body and it suddenly  got colder.

Time ticks away slowly, brutally digging into the mental grave thats been flooding with the sweat of her efforts and the rain of her eyes. She is being watched.

She started accounting her breathing, its something she did everyday right? But what if she was not breathing? What if she didn't  know when she suddenly couldnt.

Breath in
Breath out
Breath in
Breath out

Blink
Blink
Blink
Blink

Some of the simplest things she did on the daily became harder, why did she have to think before the blinked? Why did she need to think before she breathed?

Everything was so much more difficult and her head pounded the hardest its ever had, she wanted to bang her head against the wall just to stop the pain, but she realized she couldnt  move.

She was completely stiff on her bed, her chest only rising every moment to keep surviving, why was it so simple yet so difficult..

Ding rung Catra's phone as she rushed to grab it, her hands trembling as she got a hold onto it but she was blocked by her password.

She didn't  remember her password.

Her eyes gazed the numbers curiously, what did she previously type in? Her memory was a blur and curiosity was killing the cat.

Speaking  of cats, she did not hear Melog's scratching until now, she stood up, dizzy, maybe her scratching was causing the ring in her ear.

She opened the door, holding onto her head  and looked at the blue eyed cat who stared at her curiously, it was like hours passed as they stood there, staring at each other, that was until Melog made the decision to walk inside, Catra closing the door behind her, making the room dark again.

7232, she typed finally unlocking her phone, she checked her notification bar, and luckily it was Adora.

Adora-ble: hey Cat
Adora-ble: you ok?

Meowmeow: no

Adora-ble: did you have a nightmare? Im sorry for not texting sooner, i was kinda in the middle of a dream about you ;)

Meowmeow: dreaming about  me princess? How sweet >:]
Meowmeow: and no i didn't have a nightmare.

Adora-ble: what happened then?

Catra stopped for a second, she did not know how to explain her current situation.

Meowmeow: i know it seems.. silly but i feel watched y'know?..

Adora-ble: i understand, maybe i can drive you around more often? i offered a ride earlier..

Meowmeow: ik ik but i guess i didn't  want to bother you :(

Adora-ble: ur not bothering me baby :)

Meowmeow: thanks dora

Adora-ble: np cat 😚

Catra blushed at her nickname and shut her phone off with a sigh, maybe she could sleep tonight..

---------

I didn't proof read most of the previous chapters so im onto that, this was just a filler chapter.

Oooooh spooky~ what is watching catra at night? 👀

Also what was Adora dreamin bout? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)