Chapter 24: no exceptions.

" she says she won't burst with an argument once you enter the car, no exceptions." Bow informed wincing visibly looking back at Adora's car, there, was Glimmer slumped over in the back seat.

"Alrighhht... hope she sticks to that." Catra said, standing up and stretching her legs, Adora followed slowly, tense.

Adora and Bow shared a look, Bow's eyes softening and shoulders slumping, Adora remained tense, hugging herself uncomfortably, shifting her legs anxiously, Catra put her free hand on her shoulder and bobbed her head to the side, Adora got the message and nodded, walking along with her.

Her tongue dried more each step she took, Mara remained calm in Catra's arms tugging on her shirt as a source of entertainment, Catra seemed unfazed but she always checked if her shirt got too low.

Bow entered the back seat and stayed close to the opposite window to where Glimmer was, Catra rounded from the front of the car and entered, tempted to see how Glimmer was doing, but she feared anything could occur if she took the wrong step, potentially ruining something between Adora and her, at least that was what she thought Glimmer's intentions were leading to.

Adora finally entered the car, sending a sympathetic look in Glimmer's direction, however Glimmer looked out the window with glossy eyes, Adora felt a pang of guilt hit her, but she looked forward and started the engine.

From the corner of the window she could see the doctor walking away and entering their car, Catra followed her gaze and saw her wave at Adora, Adora waved back and looked down to start the engine, in that short period of time Catra could see a malicious smirk grow on her face until she drove past them.

She squinted her eyes at them as they drove away from the scene.

---------------

"Pay up sister!" they demanded, removing their blonde wig "remember, its extra cash cause y'all made me memorize medical shit." They grinned devishly, exposing white pearls and surprisingly sharp teeth, the removed the cap for the wig and swayed their bleached hair.

"isn't that like your fucking job? Memorizing?" Lonnie snarled, raising a sharp eyebrow.

" ACTING is more than memorizing Darling!" they swooned dramatically "now money, I don't have energy to introduce you to the amazing world of arts." They opened and clammed their hand, then tapped their palm with a sassy finger.

"we'll see each other again Double Trouble." Lonnie said, paying them two thousand dollars.

"ooh~! Foreshadowing! Love this!"

"don't get too excited, your next job will probably bore you and will take a lot of time. But it'll get so much better"

"don't sweat it darling, this drama is very entertaining as it is, if it wasn't the readers would probably be elsewhere."

--------------------

Adora entered through the huge gates to her home, she side glanced to see that Mara and Catra were relaxing, looking back she saw Bow and Glimmer in the same position they were previously, apart, staring out the window.

"we're here" Adora announced unbuckling her seatbelt "I see that." Glimmer grumbled, Adora shut her eyes and fixed her eyebrows, opening the door to her car and stomping out, Catra followed out slowly and carefully, trying not to stumble from sitting for so long.

Angella met them directly by the front door and snatched the child from Catra's hold.

"Adora, I still need to find a solution against the law but I'm sure we can settle this over dinner. Catra, dear can your parents attend too? Its ok if they're busy, but it would be preferred for them to be present." Angella said looking expectantly at Catra.

"I guess I'll need to call them... do we need to dress fancy though?" Catra inquired rubbing her arms softly.

Angella laughed out loud, Catra's cheeks heated up in embarrassment "don't worry about it, but I guess we can but nothing too formal." Angella answered making the hot in Catra's cheeks subdue.

"I will need to speak with Glimmer, you two can go inside now." Angella spoke, gently placing the child back in Catra's arms, much to Mara's luck Catra didn't drop her.

Adora nodded and leaded Catra upstairs, she looked back wearily at Glimmer, she narrowed her eyes as they continued up the first flight of stairs to Adora's room.

-

Catra entered the room first, struggling to sit down, Adora followed after sighing as she leaned against the door, bags seemed to grow magically under her eyes and her blonde hair was disheveled making her ponytail look like a crazy bun with absolutely no effort put into it. She looked like a mess; she was a mess.

"finally, some privacy..." Catra grumbled out loud, Adora gave her a weak nod and laid herself on her semi-stiff bed, Catra kicked her shoes off and raised her legs to cross them and lay Mara between them.

"so..." Adora started, spreading her arms and legs.

"so..." Catra continued supporting herself with her hand and glancing back to stare in her lover's eyes, twisting her torso to get a good look of Adora, made a mess and sprawled over her bed, fully clothed.. problem? maybe.

Catra turned back, cheeks flushed, she looked down at Mara who had a smile, almost smug, spread on her face.

she furrowed her brows at the child, Mara copied her and soon both of them were mocking each other through silly expressions, Adora noticed the silence and sat up, staring at the pair go through their mocking competition with a warm smile.

nobody has ever let Adora feel that way, not even Zendaya in a suit, Catra was always on her mind, and every time she imagined her beautiful heterochromia her heart swells, she loved everything about Catra, and she meant that so much, she would die with that phrase on her tongue and maybe even go to hell with those words still tattooed to her heart.

the way she scrunched up her nose in a way that made Mara giggle, she wasn't entirely on board with this, but you could tell that she was having a bit of fun with this.

Adora spotted Catra's free hand and held it in her own, Catra's eyes widened a bit but then she rose her face and smiled warmly at Adora, she took her other hand and placed it tenderly on her cheek, leaning in for a quick but slow kiss, Mara gagged, and in the same position, they both looked back at her, fitting into a series of giggles.

-------------------------

b uzdvyuerfuewrfwfuiw sorry for not updating so often! school came along and like now i can be bored during class and write chapters for the sake of it, also for some reason writing on my phone doesnt have the spark i wanted so now i write on my computer, it makes me feel devious, especially when im constructing a poorly treated plot. also i need to stop making new drafts when i have pending projects.

in the middle of this and a lumity au is INSISTING for me to start it, got a small plot going on, and you know every lumity au NEEDS  to be a slow-burn but i SUCK at writing those, tried to make this one one but look.where.we.at.now.

pining lasted 8 chaps sbduqdfwevwevfcwvcwuo

and i guess i was never a fan of pining when its slow becsudde hfrwubffniwfhwifn wbyfwfwcufifwbff.

anyways thank you for coming to my tad telk.