18. Truth.

It's been three weeks now and Tae hasn't even came to talk to me

It's been three weeks now and Tae hasn't even came to talk to me. At this point I'm getting really impatient with his shit. Sang Mi has seen him but he doesn't even want me in his house. He's been so cold towards me, his texts are either dry as hell or he just doesn't text back. For a split second it kinda makes me think if I should take his grandfathers word and just leave. But that's only for a split second. I would never leave him especially after I promised him I wouldn't. I'm not Jimin. Now that I'm talking about Jimin, he actually left. He's gone. For good this time, not even his members know where he is. He didn't tell anyone where he was going before I left. That bastard... but I know he'll be back. I am his best friend by the way. Anyways I've been practicing my combat skills with JungKook and he's really talented when it comes down to fighting. Well I have to give it to him he learned taekwondo when he was little and he is the best fighter. But just because he's a little emo and a fuck boy it doesn't mean he isn't sweet. He's like a cute little baby bunny at times. With me he's showing that cute side of him more. It's so sweet..

"Hey, JungKook can you go get Sang mi for me?" I said as he sat the couch of my dorm. He was on his phone.

"Sure" He quickly got up, putting his phone in his right pocket.

"She was in my room sleeping but," I looked at the baby monitor on the kitchen counter "Shes awake now.."

He ran to my room and I saw him gently grab her and hold her in his arms. He smiled down at her and came to the kitchen. I washed my hands since I just finished washing the dishes. I tried to take her from his arms but..I got a text message.

"Hold her for a second" I took out my phone and looked at the text message. The text made my heart beat faster..well he has that power over my heart.

'We need to talk.' Sent by Tae❤️

I stopped and just stared at the text. Questions just popping into my head. Like 'Why now?' & 'Why wait weeks to see me?' & and 'Why all of a sudden?' JungKook tapped my shoulder making me look up at him.

"You okay? You spaced out on me when you got a text..is everything okay?"

"Hey," I ignored what he said "Ugh, I need to go.." I said as I quickly walked over to the living room and grabbed my jacket off the couch as started to walk to the door.

"Where?!"

"Tae's house."

"Hey! You can't just leave me alone with your baby?!"

"Just think of her as a sister, someone you have to protect with your whole being. Milks in the fridge. Blanket is in my room if she gets cold..and just talk to her. I got to go now byeee!" I quickly ran out the room.

"HEY!.." JungKook looked down at Sang mi.. "Then..Uncle Kook is here..alone...with you....a baby.....Y/n's baby......something I'm clueless about. LEE Y/N!!!"

****

"What? You stupid onion." I asked as I walking into his room. I acted like I didn't just come here in a hurry to hear what he wanted to say.

"O-on-onion..? Look Y/n I'm trying to be serious here."

"Just get it over with what do you want."

"I'll tell you okay." He said and I sighed, waiting "I'll tell you because I'm tired of running from my problems. I know Kai would have connects outside jail and I knew he'd find a way to destroy me. That's why I ran. That's why I left and came to find you."

"So the reason you came...wasn't because of Sang mi..it wasn't because of your daughter?!" I huffed and looked away from him. "You were gonna turn away from her too.." I looked back at him. His head was low.

"...I'm sorry.." He simply said because of his lose of words. "I just thought..that maybe you'd be better off without me. I told Eun mi to take care of you. I told Jasmine and NamJoon to take care of you..of her." He looked up at me. Tears down his face. "Because I can't protect you...I can't protect you the way I want to. I can't protect her the way I want to. I'm not meant to be a dad..I'll ruin your life....I'll ruin her life.." He let out a sharp breath "I should've stayed away from you that night, at the club." I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Why that hell are you talking about. What club?"

"The night of the shotting." He looked down not wanting to keep eye contact. All this is hurting him and you didn't know it. It's hard for him to tell you all of this because he knows..you'll leave once it's done. "I was the guy that saved you."

It all makes sense now. It makes sense that now he took me away.. it makes sense how we do my name that day. But still..he did save me from a bullet. I let a tear run done my face. As I walked up to him I put my hand under his chin to make him look at me. Then..I hugged him. Something he wasn't expecting. His eyes widened as my arms tightened about his neck.

"That's all I need to hear."

"All I needed was the truth."

To Be Continued...