Hamilton AU (1/46)

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of whore
And a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot
In the Caribbean by providence impoverished In squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar?" Helena Wayne, stated, huffing a little with a scowl on her face.

"The ten-dollar founding father without a father
Got a lot farther by working a lot harder
By being a lot smarter By being a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed her in charge of a trading charter." Barbara Gordon said, a frown forming on her mouth.

"And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted away
Across the waves, she struggled and kept her guard up
Inside, she was longing for something to be a part of
The sister was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter." Stephanie Brown sighed, hugging herself while looking at the sunset.

"Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
Our gal saw her future drip, dripping down the drain
Put a pencil to her temple, connected it to his brain
And she wrote her first refrain, a testament to her pain." Cassandra Cain foxes her bandana while looking out the window of the store, sighing to herself.

"Well, the word got around, they said, this kid is insane, man
Took up a collection just to send her to the mainland
Get your education, don't forget from whence you came
And the world is gonna know your name
What's your name, man?" Helena chuckled darkly and smirked, waiting for a respond.

"(Name) (Last Name)
My name is (Name) (Last Name)
And there's a million things I haven't done
But just you wait, just you wait." You smirked triumphantly and fixed your pony tail, along with the chuffs of your blue coat.

"When she was ten her father split, full of it, debt-ridden
Two years later, see (Name) and her mother bed-ridden
Half-dead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick." Sang (Mom's Name), staring at a picture of a younger you, smiling at the memories you both had.

"And (Name) got better but her mother went quick." The group whispered, watching as (Name) walked down the street, reading a book and letting the wind flow through her (curly/straight/wavy) (hair color) bangs that laid against her face.

"Moved in with a cousin, the cousin committed suicide
Left her with nothin' but ruined pride, something new inside voice saying
(Name), you gotta fend for yourself."

(Name) had a flashback of staring at a dead hanging body of (Random Name). She sobbed and fell to her knees, beginning to feel lonely.

"She started retreatin' and readin' every treatise on the shelf." (Random Name) chimed, smiling watching teen (Name) running around the library and reading and reading books with other people.

"There would have been nothin' left to do for someone less astute
She woulda been dead or destitute without a cent of restitution
Started workin', clerkin' for her late mother's landlord
Tradin' sugar cane and rum and all the things she can't afford." Growled out Helena while crossing her arms over her chest, her dark blue coat, swaying in the breeze.

"Scammin' for every book she can get her hands on
Plannin' for the future see her now as she stands on the bow of a ship headed for a new land
In New York you can be a new man!" A crowd sang as they pointed at (Name) who stood on a boat, looking out into the horizon, having a hunger pang of determination and bravery in her (eye color) hues.

"In New York you can be a new man
In New York you can be a new man
In New York you can be a new man." The crowd chanted, while waving goodbye to (Name) who waved back and smirked, the fresh autumn breeze that made her bangs and ponytail along with her blue coat sway.

"Just you wait!" (Name) cheered as the crowd sang louder and continued to chant.

"(Name) (Last Name)
We are waiting in the wings for you. You could never back down
You never learned to take your time." The people on the boat sang with the crowd as they left the dock slowly, heading into the deep blue seas.

(Name) smirked at the next line that the crowd sang as she stood closer to the edge of the boat, looking down at the seas.

"Oh, (Name) (Last Name)
When America sings for you
Will they know what you overcame?
Will they know you rewrote your game?"
She chuckled softly and leaned in the railing of the ship, letting the breeze flow through her (hair color) locks yet again. "The world will never be the same, oh."

"The ship is in the harbor now
See if you can spot her." Helena smirked evilly, while pointing to the ship to the ship that (Name) was on. "Another immigrant comin' up from the bottom, her enemies destroyed her rep America forgot her."

"We fought with her." Cassandra and Stephanie and Terry said, standing next to each other, crossing their arms.

"Me, I died for her." Barbara and Dick smiled sadly, putting her hands in the blue coat of hers.

"Me, I trusted her." Commissioner Gordon stated, sighing softly.

"Me, I loved her." Damian, Jason, Timothy and Terry said, glaring at each other, still not able to get over (Name).

"And me, I'm the damn fool that shot her." Helena admitted under her breath, wanting to hide her caring side for (Name). (tsundere! I calle tsundere!)

"There's a million things I haven't done
But just you wait!"The company sang remembering about (Name) (Last Name).

"What's your name, man?" Helena asked when she first met (Name).

"(Name) (Last Name)!" (Name) and company sang with her, shouting out her name in joy and others in disgust.

{After the song: when everyone got to know each other}

"OMG IT'S (NAME)" Cheered the four boys that fell in love with the immigrant. (Name) looked behind her and went running, the group of boys running after her, leaving the group of batman members to laugh.

"Help!" Cried out (Name) still running for her life. "Should we help her?" Cassandra asked. Barbara and Stephanie shrugged and decided not to help her.