¤ 2 ¤

Alex was bleeding and hissing in pain everytime they tried to move him and as for me I was petrified as if I was strongly held down to the floor by invisible ropes.

"Mrs Emma please bring me a towel quickly we don't have time we need to extract the bullet right now" one of the bodyguards who already proceeded to carry him inside shouted as if to wake me up from my trance. Alex was yelling at them to hurry up while I ran upstairs and brought everything I was asked to.

I was trembeling so much I could hear the sound of my teeth clattering against each other. I was scared not because I could possibly become a widow in the next few hours, but too frightened to ask about what kind of a mess Alex had put himself and possibly me as well into..

"We can't extract it it's already too deep in the flesh, we have to take him to the hospital" a bodyguard who was putting excessive pressure on his wound spoke to me as if asking for my permission.

But I knew my husband better than anyone unfortunately, and he wouldn't want to have the whole country including his ennemies, know about his incident. I did what seemed best at that moment and dialed the number of the person I knew I could trust the most after my own self ... "Jin we need you, Alex got shot"

"I'll be there in ten minutes"

This was all it took for him to understand the importance and the danger of what I was asking him to do. He was one of the rarest people who were not afraid to approach me when we were still in college.

As if my mind and the outside world were on cue, Jin bursted in with a bag full of medical utensils.

"Emma, thank God you're all right you can't imagine how scared I was"

I didn't realise how much I was shaking until he hugged me tightly against his chest.. I almost forgot how it felt like to be genuinely cared for.

I left his embrace when he hurried next to Alex and examined him quickly "I need you to prepare a room for me, he's not bleeding as much anymore but we still need to fix him"

They all proceeded to act as soon as Jin spoke and as for me he said it would be better for me to rest in my room until he finishes.

Three hours, that's how long I've been lying down on my bed looking absent-minded, imagining all sorts of wicked scenarios in my head. Who did he anger to the point where it almost cost him his life? Was it job related? Am I a target too now? 

I say up quickly when I heard the door knocking once before Jin entered. He looked relieved so I assumed everything went well.
"He's sleeping Emma, I have administered him a strong sedative so you'll be free form the beast today and probably tomorrow too"

"I'm happy to see you can still make jokes at times like this Jin." I looked down at my intertwined fingers... "I'm sorry I got you involved in something I myself don't know the extent of its danger.. I just .. you are the only one I could trust".
Jin stayed silent for a moment and I didn't dare to raise my head up. What he did next surprised me, he crouched down so that he could look at my face and held my small hands in his, "I did it for you Emma, I don't know what that good for nothing husband of yours did but it doesn't require much knowledge to know the repercutions it would have on you, please don't trouble yourself and besides it's my duty as a doctor to treat everyone equally regardless of their background"

His words were really comforting, so comforting that I hugged him without even noticing. He had always been kind to me even when everyone looked down on me and labeled me as a gold digger for being married to a man ten years older than me when I was only twenty ..

Mrs Lee knocked on the door and I felt cold as soon as his arms detached themselves from my back.

"Young Madame, I have prepared some herbal tea to ease your nerves, you should drink it and sleep a little bit."

Jin took it as his cue to leave and stood up, "he needs to rest and have the bandages changed and the wound cleaned every day but he should be fine. Call me if anything happens, you know I'll be there in a heart beat" he winked before closing the door. I smiled at his behavior, He has always been like that, once a flirt always a flirt. Mrs Lee followed right after and I was again left alone in this suit where I had all the time in the world to overthink again until my dear husband would finally wake up and brief me on the situation.