¤ 16 ¤

20 hours earlier

Jungkook's P.O.V

To say that the atmosphere was heavy would be a truism. We were all gathered in the living room at the exception of Jin Hyung who was checking on Emma's vitals in his room. None of us dared to say a word; I still remember their shocked expressions when I knocked at the door with her over my shoulder and her gun in the other hand. 

As if on cue, Jin came downstrairs looking more exhausted than I was. "She's sleeping, I checked her blood pressure, it's low; she received a severe shock tonight." he said rubbing the sleeplness away from his eyes. "I also cleaned the cuts on her legs and bandaged them, she just needs to rest for now."

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding  "Thanks Hyung, I'm sorry I came like that and scared you all."

"Don't worry Kook she'll be fine, you need to sleep too."

"You can take my room hyung since Emma is in yours, I'll sleep on the couch"

Jin hyung nodded and went upstairs clearly exhausted, Jimin and Taehyung followed right after and Yoongi went to grab a pillow and a blanket for me.

"Try to get some sleep kook, my room is right next to Jin's if I hear anything I'd be on  my feet the next second." 

I sighed not being able to utter any words as sleep took over me the moment I laid down.

_______________________

It was around 4am when I heard a faint sound upstairs. It was barely audible but I was more than sure someone was up. Reaching out for the blanket slowly I pulled myself up and jumped behind the couch; if anyone managed to somehow get inside the house I would be on the open the moment they stepped downstairs. It took only a few seconds until I heard footsteps on the stairs... the closer they got, the weirded they sounded... it was only then that I understood. Someone was walking barefeet and it was likely one of us. Relieved, I stood up from behind the couch but was instantly shocked to see not one person but two.

Right there in the middle of the living room, Emma was walking towards the kitchen and Yoongi hyung was following closely behind her. I didn't even think about what was happening, all I wanted to do was to hold her and see if she was doing fine; Yoongi's presence was almost inexistent to me at this point had it not been for the sudden gesture he pulled on me.

"Don't kook. Leave her be, I want to see where she is going" Hyung said pulling me by my arm. I was more than perplexed now, and as if he could see the lost look in my eyes he said words which felt like a bullet on my heart. "Emma is sleep walking, she can't hear or see anyone of us. She's completely immersed in a whole different world and it would be dangerous for both you and her to attempt to wake her up now"
It made more sense now, looking back at her searching frantically in the kitchen for God knows what, I understood what Yoongi meant. Her eyes that I learned to love so much looked so different and empty. She looked panicked although asleep and she kept on throwing things right and left as if looking for something vital.

"Should we wake Jin hyung up?" I asked.

"I need to see what is she doing.  Something feels off about her, and I need to know what exactly, for her safety and yours too kook."

Now that hyung mentioned this I couldn't help but think about how I only heard his footsteps. How did Emma manage to be so quiet and inaudible? My senses were surely not failing me as I've been trained for this for years and years... Hyung's words were ringing in my head... something about Emma was weird..

"Shit, she found it." I heard Yoongi hyung whisper next to me and the next thing I saw was Emma looking proudly at the gun in her hands.

"I think now would be a good time to wake her up hyung."

"She could fire up"

"Don't worry" I said, "It's not charged" going straight towards her making sure not to startle her. She was holding the gun with such strength and confidence almost like a trained soldier. Fingers on the trigger, ready to shoot. I was now standing next to her while she was facing the large window.

"Emma, it's me, don't be scared" I tapped lightly on her shoulder making sure not to startle her. What I did not expect, however, was for her to grab a kitchen knife from above the counter and launch at me.

She was fast, sharp and precise, and if it wasn't for my usual quick reaction she would've probably slit my throat.

"What's going on?" I heard Jimin's voice in the background, they were probably all up by now.

"She's sleep walking don't get closer to her." I almost shouted as I dodged another one of her attacks. Avoiding her was not possible anymore I had to get a grip on her somehow and wake her up.

Launching at her wouldn't be the best idea giving the fact that she had a knife in her hands and could rip my organs out anytime. There was only one option left; letting her make the first move so I could take control over her. It was easier said than done... her moves were quick and she controlled her body in a way only a thoroughly trained person would do.

"Emma it's me Jungkook." I said trying to grab her arm but the moment my hand touched her skin she flipped me over her back and was now sitting on top of me. How could such a small body flip me over in one swift move...

With all the determination I could perceive in her, she launched one last attack aiming her knife right at my neck before falling suddenly lip on top of me.
I didn't not comprehend what happened until I saw Jin Hyung holding an empty syringe in her hands.

"Can someone explain to me what is going in this house?" Jin Hyung almost shouted. I stood up carrying Emma in my arms. She finally let go of her knife and was sound asleep again looking utterly peaceful and breath-takingly beautiful at the same time.
Without saying a single word, I took her back to Jin's room and tucked her in bed again. She looked cute in my oversized clothes; it was almost impossible to think that she tried to murder me two minutes ago. Everyone was following closely behind me and were now all scattered all over the room. Taehyung sat on the the edge of the bed and held her hand with a pained expression. It's been barely an evening since they met but somehow they have developped a connection over dinner which was stronger than most friendships I knew. It was probably due to the fact that they had a painful past in common; both were orphans.

"I'm worried hyung, will she be okay?" Taehyung said.

Jin simply nodded his head and patted his shoulder.

"I think we all deserve a good rest now, the sedatives will wear off in about 6 hours, so until then you should go back to your rooms. I'll sleep with Emma in case anything happens and I'll be watching over her."

Jealousy was eating me up but I knew it was for the best; her best... so without protesting I went back to my room and prayed that whatever was going on would be fixed soon.

___________________

Enma's P.O.V

I was shocked to hear such a thing. I barely could look up at him. My eyes filled with tears; I felt ashamed of myself, sad that I committed something I had no control over, but most importantly sad that I almost unintentionally hurt the most precious person in my life.

"Hey, look at me." Jungkook said lifting up my chin with a delicate touch, "I'm fine, it's not your fault, if anything you're the victim here Emma. I promise no matter how bad it gets we'll get through this together." He said the last words almost as a whisper and brought his head on top on mine.
"We're here too Emma, you can count on us." Taehyung slid his hand in mine. And at that moment I felt like I finally had a family. I felt all the warmth and the love I missed and lacked while growing up; so without putting any restraint on myself I let warm tears pour out of my eyes..

"I think I should warm up the food again." Jin said and we all laughed at that. He proceeded to fill in our plates again and Jimin and tae had already dived in.

"Emma I'm sorry I know it's been a lot for you during the past weeks but I have very important things to ask you after dinner if you don't mind" Yoongi suddenly said with a serious tone that would've almost made me chicken out had it not been for Jungkook's comfort. I simply nodded and proceeded to fill my stomach with some warm soup, dreading the long and painful talk I knew I had to face after dinner.