¤ 18 ¤

"I made some research concerning the necklace you had on you yesterday." Yoongi said.

Somehow I knew it would all come down to that necklace, from the moment he asked to take a look at it.

"I knew I've seen that symbol before, but I wasn't sure about it. Finding it was also a pain really," he followed.

This time, it was Jungkook who interrupted him, "is it something which is 'officially' not supposed to exist hyung ?"

Although we were all sitting around the same living room and listening to the same words, Yoongi's and Jungkook's abilities to understand each other through nonverbal communication always amazed me.

"Precisely kook!" Picking up what seemed to be an illustration from the stack of files piled up on the table, Yoongi handed me a paper on which there was  a magnified photo of my necklace.. I could see the details clearly than ever for the first time, "the Sun rising behind a giant tree," I said more to myself than to the others who nevertheless heard my tiny whisper.

Yoongi passed the same copy to our friends who were more than curious to take a look as well.

"I don't understand," I said this time addressing yoongi directly, "I thought it was some sort of family relique that my biological mother related to me when I was young, and this is clearly not my necklace on the picture since I scratched the silver surface years ago accidentally while playing with kids at the orphanage, what does all of this mean?"

I think I sounded more panicked than confused which made kook slide one hand around my waist and hold the other tightly around my fingers.

"You're not very far from the truth Emma, this is indeed a family relique, which has been transmitted throughout the centuries, the symbol of an organization which has been existing ever since the creation of monarchies and empires on earth, it's called the S.O.S, Soldiers of the Sun." Yoongi oddly stopped in his explanations and took a swift look around the room, where everyone was hooked-on, immersed in the latter's words.
His eyes fell on the man sitting closely next to me whose face seemed to be drained out of any drop of blood.

Out of nowhere, I suddenly found myself dragged on Jungkook's lap, his arm strong and secure around me, the other settled on my cheek, his breath was uneven almost chaotic and I for once was at a loss for words. Everyone seemed to be as surprised by his action as I was. He gently kissed me on the forehead and and hugged me tighter and closer enough to rest his chin on my head, "Go on hyung she has the right to know." Jungkook said in an enigmatic but knowing tone. "I'm here Em, always" he whispered to my ear making me feel safe and scared at once.

"I don't understand why I, of all people, have something this significantly important and I presume dangerous hanging around my neck when I don't even know of the existence of that organization. This is absurd I don't even belong..." My words died instantly in my throat.

As if on cue, flashbacks of yesterday's incident rushed back through my head, Jin's and the other's words about my sleepwalking and me attacking Jungkook resonated in my head endlessly.

"I'm sorry Emma, though I am not a hundred percent sure of the truth behind your birth, I am however convinced that you are, or at least were at some point in your life, part of SOS, there's only one way to obtain a necklace and it's to be born within the organization." Yoongi said calmly.

"This can't be true, she's Emma, a photography major, a normal young woman in her twenties. Are you sure you're not mistaken?" This time it was Jin's turn to throw his hands in the air in an accusing manner.

"This symbol can hardly be replicated, the series of number at the back of it is also a proof of its authenticity. There is not a single doubt about this." Yoongi answered.

My head felt dizzy and for a moment I wondered if it was due to the glass of wine Taehyung had poured me, or to the flux of shocking  information I had just received.

Pushing my feelings and erratic thoughts aside I asked Yoongi something which I knew would change me forever. "What does this organization do exactly?" Gulping so loud I'm sure everyone heard.

"They are trained assassins Emma. Every last one of them, trained since birth into the mastery of different kinds of martial arts and use of every type of weapon, every child born into that organization is put through the same rough almost cruel training to become a heartless assassin. This is only known to few members of the government, some people who have heard rumors believe it's an urban legend, but those who know know. Agents do not have the right to marry or have offsprings with anyone who doesn't belong to SOS, once a child is born he or she isn't their parents' anymore, they are systematically granted a necklace with a code consisting of a series of numbers. The numbers are of course different for each member, it's an access code to a digital communication web server where missions are anonymously assigned to them. The server also contains every bits of information about important world figures; presidents, politicians, celebrities, and I'm talking about deep, under the table type of information usually concealed from the public." He ended his explanation.

Silence fell upon each one of us. Jimin and Taehyung were too stunned to speak, mouths hanging open looking shockingly at each other and at me back and forth. Jin harbored a pained expression, though as much as he wanted to deny Yoongi's revelations and wish for a different story, he knew this was the only truth.

As for me my skull felt as if it was being cracked open for a second, and a massive headache settled in.

"I think I need some fresh air, kook I can't breathe..." I stood up quickly and regretted it as soon as I did as the veins inside of my head felt like they were about to pop out. 

Jungkook stood up with me as well as Jin who hurried to my side as soon as he saw me clutching my forehead."I think we should stop here for tonight, let's continue this conversation tomorrow." Jin said to which no one replied but equally and silently agreed on.

Taehyung and Jimin were the first to leave each giving me a sad but reassuring smile, followed by Yoongi who gave me a light tap on the shoulder, which left the three of us, Jin, Kook and me alone.

"You should take my room tonight, both of you, I'll sleep on the sofa" Jin said not really suggesting but more like informing us.

Nodding his head to his older hyung, Jungkook intertwined his fingers in mine and led me upstairs silently, to which I easily obliged not having enough energy to speak.

As soon as he opened the door to the bedroom I felt myself crawl on the floor and was soon lost in thoughts. It was the room I woke up in, the bedsheets were changed however which I presumed Jin was the one who did. Nothing seemed more appealing than that bed right now, all I wanted was to sleep and drift away to a world far from what I've always known. Acting upon these thought I stood up and went to the bed, rested my right side on the pillow. The lights were off and the only light came in from the window I was now facing. Jungkook opened it and the room was soon engulfed in a fresh pure outside air. It was a beautiful night, too beautiful for such atrocious truths to be revealed.

The room felt silent none of us uttered a word, I was lost in thoughts until I felt the mattress dip behind me, the bed squeaking with Kook's gentle moves. He slid his left arm around my waist and buried his face on the crook of my neck. 

After what felt like a solid ten minutes, I realized I was whimpering, hot tears streaming down my face; I was mentally exhausted... I wanted to run away, leave this country and start off fresh somewhere Alex could never find me.

"Emma, look at me" Jungkook's words resonated in my head at a far distance until I managed to pull myself together and turned slowly looking at those beautiful brown orbs that sucked the life out of me.

"This does not change who you are, everything you've been through, every part of your life so far, what you've seen, heard and done still remains as true as the sun rising every morning. This doesn't changed anything, your past is behind you, feel free to investigate more about it, I'll gladly hold your hand and search with you as long as it might take, but you are you Emma, and nothing and no one can change that."

His words floated in the air, sweet and warm they fell on me, coated with love and tenderness, they warmed up my heart and my soul.

He understood my worries better than I did. And at that moment I answered with the only appropriate and adequate way I knew, I let my fingers dive into the magnificent silky threads of his hair and joined my lips to his with all the ardent feelings I had for him.