¤ 8 ¤

The next week was rather boring. Alex was nowhere to be seen; he'd spend his nights God knows where and would only come back in the morning to shower and change his clothes, and it was for the better. Our marriage was dead a long time ago, we had nothing in common when I married him and it wasn't about to change anytime soon. I was young and naive. I thought I would be happy, that with time I'll learn to love him and be able to found my own family, but I was wrong, this never happened. I saw his true self once I married him and it repulsed me; he would only care about himself and his company. He had no real friends and would surround himself with people he thought we're profitable to him in a way or another.
He clearly wanted a young wife to exhibit infront of the world but as I was getting older he rapidly lost interest in me. I guess divorcing me would harm his image of a perfect husband, and since I was very well known in the field of media and entertainment and had many contacts there, labeling me as cheater or a bad person would be difficult.

Everyone went back to his routine after that incident. Jin stayed for a couple of days just to make sure the cut on my neck was not infected and was healing properly, but he had to resume his work in the hospital eventually. It was only me and jungkook all day long. I'd spend my days reading a book or sitting in the garden while he would simply stand a few feet away from me and watch over me. Alex instructed him to keep an eye on me all the time so he ended up sleeping on the sofa the first days. Mrs Lee arranged a room for him afterwards and although he said he had an apartment nearby, he only went there once to bring his clothes and some necessary things such as his iPad and other things.

As for me I was strictly forbidden from going back to the studio. Hoseok and Rita called me few times after that, they said that they were relocating in a safer neighbourhood and that I could go back to work anytime I wanted. I felt bad because once again I disturbed their peace, they went through a lot because of me. Hoseok built up the company from scratch he gave it his all and now not only did I tarnish its reputation but I also draw a red cross on their backs.

It's been almost two weeks now, and I was in the verge of losing my mind. As if God heard my prayers Jin called me that morning saying I needed to go get a chekup and have the cut treated again since he wouldn't be able to drop by, "I'm sorry Emma I have to go to the OR in less then an hour but I promise you'll be in safe hands, I've already informed Namjoon about your case he's one of my oldest and most trustworthy friends. Make sure to stay close to jungkook and I'll stop by tonight at the mansion."

"Thank you so much Jinnie, if you finish early let's have dinner together. I'll cook."

"I wouldn't miss your special côtes d'agneaux for anything in the world. I'll be there around 8. Be safe sunshine and see you later I have to go get ready."

On a normal day I wouldn't even think about stepping a foot in a hospital where I have so many bad memories, but I knew if I stayed home and watered any more flowers I'd grow roots too. I stood up from the chair and ran upstairs where I knew Jungkook was looking for a blanket to bring to me; he said since I insisted on staying outside in the garden I should at least be warm... he was very thoughtful

"Jungkooooooook" I yelled once I was in the main hall where my room was. The poor man thought something had happened to me, he came out running so fast he almost tripped on the blanket he was holding. "Mrs Emma don't scare me like that please." I couldn't help but laugh at him, he was really purehearted. I learnt more about him during the time he'd spend with me; he was an only child who grew up in a different city. He would talk to me about his parents with sparkles in his eyes and their house near the beach.. he misses them a lot I could almost hear it in his voice. He was two years older than me and although I literally begged him to stop using Mrs before my name he would always refuse to call me simply Emma. I even went as far as to challenge him on Unno but he was too good for me. No matter how many times we would play cards he would always win spectacularly. We spent many afternoons in the garden; I had personally designed every part of it, it was my secrer place, my paradise where I would retire when Alex was too unbearable. He came to tell me about his past, how he enrolled in the military and was in the secret services for years before stepping out and becoming a full time bodyguard. He was simple yet very complex; his philosophy was to love every day as if it was the last however he was careful in every decision and step he would take towards the future, and it intrigued me a lot.

"Jungkook, I'm getting ready in five minutes call the driver were going to the hospital, and then we'll stop by my favorite café" I said while jumping my way to the room I was too excited to get out of the cold castle I didn't even think about the potential danger awaiting me outside.

____________________________

Standing in front of a gigantic building I could feel my stomach turn upside down and my palms get sweaty at the thought of getting inside.. I thought I wouldn't have to come back to this place after what happened three years ago... but I guess I didn't have a choice now. "Don't be afraid Mrs Emma I'll stay close to you no one will approach you without my permission." As if he sensed my terror Jungkook uttered those words with the sweetest and most calming tone ever. I looked at him; his face was relaxed, he was smiling innocently at me, his hand on my back patting me gently... I hadn't realised how much I got used to his presence and his soothing angelic voice..

With him by my side I knew I would be safe and sound, but what could he do to help erase those memories from my head.. once I regained my composure I went in with jungkook following me closely. The atmosphere was the same; the smell, the people and the rooms were all the same. I was secretly hoping that no one would notice my presence but as nothing ever goes the way I want to, I saw a tall gorgeous blondie walking towards me excitedly
"Emmaaaaaa" she engulfed me in a hug as soon as she was next to me
"It's been so long, what happened? I haven't seen you since you were admitted three years ago"

That's it! That's exactly the last thing on earth I want to remember let alone talk about it and in front of Jungkook of all people. "Mina it's been a while indeed I'm good how about you?"
"I'm doing good thanks, I must say you haven't changed a bit, still the same beauty I see"

"Common on I'm no longer 20 Mina" I said a little bit flustered by her words "this is jungkook by the way, my friend"

I didn't want to introduce him as my bodyguard at this point I was literally pleading him my eyes to follow the lie which technically wasn't one since I really did consider him as a friend.
"Nice to meet you, jungkook" Mina said with a flirtatious tone. She has always been like that since our photography club days.
"What brings you here?" Mina couldn't have possibly guessed I was injured because I made sure to hide the bandages with a nice scarf... at least these expensive things were useful for once. Before I could even answer Mina's expression changed into a horrified one, hands over her mouth before dropping the bomb in front us;

"Emma don't tell me you're pregnant again?"